Restored 240Z steering wheels

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I've nearly finished one of my exhaust-parallel projects - 'new' 240Z steering wheels so time to share some photos.

Once upon a time 50 years ago, all steering wheels were like new. Now they can be again and the perfect 50th anniversary gift for yourself and your car !

Completely stripped, spokes repainted and the the rim given several high-quality gloss coats, these will have new or refurbished horn mechanisms and centre pushes.

They feel so lovely in ones' hands - a 'must' to finish your restorationand in a world where more and more people fit the black leather, competition replicas, be different and go old-school with the real thing !

Basic price will be £495* (no horn push- available as an extra). There are a lot of hours' work gone into these.*£375 when a core unit is supplied.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I suspect that mostly, people simply want a wheel that they like, whether it be a wrongly dated solid-spoke on a '72 car, after-market or replica or finally just a 240Z when on a 240Z.;)

Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I don't count Mike - the work continues until I'm happy with the result, some of them were redone. They have different original tints which I wanted to keep, being authentic although I haven't come across a 'rosewood' one yet. Bought 'a few' wheels to redo, some are so bad it's just not worth it - a bit like engine building and having to chuck X quantity of blocks before finding a good one.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Fonce.jpg
    Fonce.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Clair.jpg
    Clair.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If the price isn't right and they don't sell, I'll either sell lower at a loss or keep them hung up in my garage....unlike yoghurts, they have no sell-by date.:D

*wooden wheels can look good anywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN0177.jpg
    DSCN0177.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 45
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 001 (4).JPG
    001 (4).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
They look lovely and I'm in the market but as others have said, far too expensive for me.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Basic price will be £495* (no horn push- available as an extra). There have been a lot of hours' work gone into these.

*£385 when a core unit is supplied.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok, since the price has been updated, do the prices include shipping? Are the wheels eligible for club discount?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ok, since the price has been updated, do the prices include shipping? Are the wheels eligible for club discount?

Reduced the price and 'e wants postage included and at a discount..."there's no pleasing some people" :

No and no, only exhausts.:D