Prom Queen

Huw

Club Member
Ok my car has been labelled a garage Queen by a few, and that’s fine by me. But this time I was very proud to have it used to make a Prom Queens night out come to fruition.

My daughter has always wanted to go to her prom in ‘dads old car’ as the 280ZX is affectionately know. But that, let alone her getting to her Prom looked to be in serious question at the beginning of the year.

My daughter has been battling cancer since the beginning of February and is still undergoing treatment. It’s been her goal throughout her illness to go to her Prom and last night she achieved that goal. So it was very poignant I could take her in my ‘old’ car after all. :)

The 280Zx really did steal the show when we arrived out side the Hotel in Bristol. The Ferrari’s, BMWs and Bentleys in attendance are well known to the younger generation, but they didn’t have a clue about the ZX and it generated a lot of genuine interest.

But the real star of the night I am very proud to say, that after all the hardship my daughter has had to endure, she was voted Prom Queen which just made the night. Oh the trip in dads old car wasn’t so bad neither.

42E802F6-CDD3-4AB6-A924-5CA1CE3DECFD.jpeg

3F36911A-C4EF-4455-961D-8DB608BA8BB5.jpeg

9668BBE9-C1E0-40F6-A1CF-F2A3C44AAE98.jpeg

Last edited:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Vey very nice Huw!

You let the side down though! I fully expected to see you in a 70s/80s chauffeur outfit! [emoji1787]

SacCyclone

Club Member
Car looks great Huw, but the star of the show was definitely your beautiful daughter.
Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery and lots of good cheer from Cali.
Mike

Farmer42

Club Member
So glad both the car and your daughter made it. You look the proud Dad and she really deserved her night after what she has been through. I hope she continues to recover.

Got my daughter's next week but she didn't want my Zed.

Huw

Club Member
Pictures look fantastic Huw! The ZX looks brand new!

Glad your daughter made it her prom and congratulations to her on prom Queen :)

Thanks Warren

Vey very nice Huw!

You let the side down though! I fully expected to see you in a 70s/80s chauffeur outfit! [emoji1787]

Couldn’t grow the sideburns bushy enough :(

So glad both the car and your daughter made it. You look the proud Dad and she really deserved her night after what she has been through. I hope she continues to recover.

Got my daughter's next week but she didn't want my Zed.

Appreciate it Paul, that a pity about the Z. Hope she has a good night at her Prom!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Absolutely amazing story dude, it really is about far more than just these old cars but the people and stories behind them!

I really do hope that your daughters recovery continues, I can't imagine what its put you through personally.

tyroguru

Club Member
Thanks for sharing that Huw and so pleased to hear your daughter had a great prom. After what must have been such a hard time for you all it's so nice that you could share this together.

Huw

Club Member
Huw, so glad it all worked out, made me feel a bit emotional. Best wishes for your daughter.

Thanks for sharing that Huw and so pleased to hear your daughter had a great prom. After what must have been such a hard time for you all it's so nice that you could share this together.

All three of yer look great ps,everything will be ok

Lovely story Huw. Car looks superb - and your daughter looks great also - hope she comes through okay. Best wishes

Thank you one and all.

fae821w

Club Member
Morning Huw,

Fantastic news about your Daughter, really felt for you when you told me. Fabulous pictures.

Thanks for you help recently and incase you were wondering, yes it was my Coupe at the Bristol and West showground saturday which Ian mentioned in another thread, not "Dave,s" Unable to attend Sunday, house viewing. Will try to put a picture on the other thread if the new site system is more user friendly than previously.

Andy.

Reactions: Huw

candy red

Club Member
Ok my car has been labelled a garage Queen by a few, and that’s fine by me. But this time I was very proud to have it used to make a Prom Queens night out come to fruition.

My daughter has always wanted to go to her prom in ‘dads old car’ as the 280ZX is affectionately know. But that, let alone her getting to her Prom looked to be in serious question at the beginning of the year.

My daughter has been battling cancer since the beginning of February and is still undergoing treatment. It’s been her goal throughout her illness to go to her Prom and last night she achieved that goal. So it was very poignant I could take her in my ‘old’ car after all. :)

The 280Zx really did steal the show when we arrived out side the Hotel in Bristol. The Ferrari’s, BMWs and Bentleys in attendance are well known to the younger generation, but they didn’t have a clue about the ZX and it generated a lot of genuine interest.

But the real star of the night I am very proud to say, that after all the hardship my daughter has had to endure, she was voted Prom Queen which just made the night. Oh the trip in dads old car wasn’t so bad neither.

View attachment 33692

View attachment 33694

View attachment 33693

Great pictures Huw
Really pleased you managed to make her dreams come true bye taking her to the prom in a real class car .Thats what makes great memories well done :coolgleam: Glad she stole the show after the 280zx :EXTRAlol:she deserved it :)wish her well form me and Rosie hope to see you soon ,once again well done for, for-filling her dreams :bow:

Derrick :);)

Reactions: Huw