BC Racing Colivers for 240z

WazzaJB

Club Member
We cut down to 40mm as advised. Given the consensus was that these don't go low enough I set them to the absolute lowest before putting the wheels on.

The night shots shows just how insanely low this is, rails were only a few mm off the floor and the exhaust scraped.

The day shot was after increasing them around 25 on the front and 35 on the back. It's still not practical, can't park it at 2 of my clients places because of a slight drop into the car park causing a horrible scrape :/

Looks so much better and handles like a dream with the new bushes too. Only regret is not going for a 16" wheel :(

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_142840.jpg
    IMG_20190622_142840.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190622_013641.jpg
    IMG_20190622_013641.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20190622_013652.jpg
    IMG_20190622_013652.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 88

johnymd

Club Member
That does look low and I guess the extra 10mm you removed from the leg has made all the difference. It is interesting that on my side on picture with the ride set as low as it would go, the back is higher than the front but on yours its the other way round. I know the strut lengths are a lot different front to back and the isolator is much bigger on the back of the 280z which could be why yours sits lower. I still feel mine should be a bit lower on the back and I have plenty of ground clearance for speed bumps as it is.

The ground clearance on a 280z is much less than a 240z for the same body height so you will never get them to sit as low as the 240z and still be drivable.

johnymd

Club Member
This is about as low as you can get a 240z with 205/50r15's and be able to go over speed bumps. Compair is to the other car that is slightly higher at the back but looks lower due to the 16's and then with the 55 profile.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    504.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4375.JPG
    IMG_4375.JPG
    487.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 73

WazzaJB

Club Member
It's a shame because I'm really happy with the look of the car, do I just put up with the odd scrape here and there? I've never lowered a car before, have no idea of how serious of a problem this will be.

Or do I bite the bullet and get some 16"? Seems a shame as I'm really happy with the fitment of the 15s on the 45 tires.

Or do I bag it? http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/bags-sleeve-for-bc-racing.html

Common sense tells me I should just increase the ride height a touch more, but it's going to end up looking exactly the same as it did before I put coilovers on it!

WazzaJB

Club Member
Just to bombard this thread with one more solution, which I absolutely think is the one for me.

https://www.stanceparts.com/product/complete-kit-front-rear/

A video of it on a 240z

This should work perfectly and is only £800, which is what it would cost me for new wheels & tires. I love the car as it is but this would just make it practical.

The cups add 20mm ride height as standard, which would mean winding my suspension all the way back out. But then offers 50mm of lift in around 5 seconds I think.

Perfect!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
It's a shame because I'm really happy with the look of the car, do I just put up with the odd scrape here and there? I've never lowered a car before, have no idea of how serious of a problem this will be.

Or do I bite the bullet and get some 16"? Seems a shame as I'm really happy with the fitment of the 15s on the 45 tires.

Or do I bag it? http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/bags-sleeve-for-bc-racing.html

Common sense tells me I should just increase the ride height a touch more, but it's going to end up looking exactly the same as it did before I put coilovers on it!

If you end up going 16's I know a guy who would make a purchase on your current rims and tyres...

WazzaJB

Club Member
If you end up going 16's I know a guy who would make a purchase on your current rims and tyres...
Thanks Dan I'll keep that in mind, I do really like how it sits so tempted to go for the cup lift kit. Not in a position to make a decision right now though so will let you know.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
The sump is the low point at the front, and you definitely don't want to be scraping that. My car is a fair bit higher than yours, and there are a bunch of local single track roads I use where the crown of the road hit the sump if I'm not careful.

WazzaJB

Club Member
The sump is the low point at the front, and you definitely don't want to be scraping that. My car is a fair bit higher than yours, and there are a bunch of local single track roads I use where the crown of the road hit the sump if I'm not careful.
Well that doesn't sound pleasant, I'll have a look at that and see if I can raise things there a touch. It definitely seemed like it was the rails scraping based on when/where it hits...

I've read somewhere that on the 280s and late 260s the floor rails are much lower?

Thanks!