tyres for 14in slot mags

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Assume you are thinking on your 7s for the 205x70x14 - on the rear, should fit OK on stock car. Will add just over half an inch to diameter over 195x70x14.

Exactly! Just want to know if that fits and doesn’t rub. Would rather functionality over aesthetics.

205x65x14 is .2in difference over 195x70x14. Does it make a difference? Assuming I can get availability. Or just stick to 70 profile F and R... or am I getting into a tiz over nothing. Just want to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uk66fastback

Club Member
I need to replace my old Michelins (20 years old) with something a bit newer and softer and the guy at the local tyre place I've been going for years says 185 are a lot cheaper than the 195 ones on there at present. So I might go with them, I think they are the Uniroyals. My car never moves anyway so the point is moot at best ...

They could be van tyres though ... but they have a less modern style tread - think they're about £65 a corner.

Exactly! Just want to know if that fits and doesn’t rub. Would rather functionality over aesthetics.

205x65x14 is .2in difference over 195x70x14. Does it make a difference? Assuming I can get availability. Or just stick to 70 profile F and R... or am I getting into a tiz over nothing. Just want to get it right.

I think 195 would be perfect on a 7j rim.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I used 195 on 6.5 rims all the time for my trackdays. 55 profile so it lowered the gearing which for the track was fine.

I'm thinking 205 might be a good size for 7" - the profile needs consideration too, the higher the profile the more tolerance on width I would think.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
A nice 225/60x14 is perfect on a 7" wheel and almost exactly the same diameter as the original tyre/wheel combination.

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
I used 195 on 6.5 rims all the time for my trackdays. 55 profile so it lowered the gearing which for the track was fine.

I'm thinking 205 might be a good size for 7" - the profile needs consideration too, the higher the profile the more tolerance on width I would think.

This is where I am at too.
Love the radial diff idea!

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
A nice 225/60x14 is perfect on a 7" wheel and almost exactly the same diameter as the original tyre/wheel combination.

Will it rub?
I don’t want to roll any of the arches unless necessary