Breakdown cover for older cars

Robbie J

Club Member
So as I'm swapping around I have personal cover with Green flag for me and the missus + Euro cover for the the Le Mans trip. The policy renewal is up but the personal cover is only for cars 16years and younger. Tried calling but after waiting 15mins I got bored

Any suggestions on good cover? I'm not much of a fan of AA or RAC and Green Flag have been good when I needed them

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I use AA and they've always been fine.
Sometimes a bit of a wait, but they even towed me out of Santa Pod when I broke my propshaft.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Same as Jon, I use the AA.

I've found the AA very helpful in the last 20+ years on a number of incidents.

The only time I was annoyed by them was when the exhaust on my Z got pulled off by an unfriendly parking barrier that had a damaged protruding but I didn't see on a Sat night; they told me it was considered a collision and they won't recover me for free. (Next time I will be playing dumb on such things!!)

But when my brother in-law's suspension was found broken at home, they trailered him or free to a garage.

zedster

Forum User
Everyone loves a Zed :), there is always someone in a petrol station who wants to come over and talk about it ;)

I have used AA & RAC both have been very good to me

I also love the emoticons on this forum, I have never seen this one before :beatdeadhorse:

cant help with personal cover with Green flag

status

Well-Known Forum User
Green flag will cover you but you have to tell them about the older car which I didn’t like,I just joined them after many years with national breakdown who pissed me off a while back but I will be going back to them probably next year,Think the aa might be a good bet until you need to be towed or trailered home

status

Well-Known Forum User
Think national breakdown still might be yer best bet,I’ll rejoin later next year but will be putting it in the misuses name and me as an extra