Registering a 1974 US 260z

Josh Slade

Club Member
Hi guys,

I'm still trying to register my 74 260z, what is it that i need to send in with the v55?

From what i understand:

• a filled in v55/5
  • the fee for vehicle tax (this should be £0 shouldnt it?)
  • an original non uk registration document (i have the original Arizona Certificate of title, that should be okay)
  • Certificate of insurance or cover note (i assume it can be insured off the VIN?)
  • a current MOT certificate (I thought it was MOT exempt, does it need an initial MOT?)
  • photocopies of name and address
  • evidence of type approval (i state that it doesn't need evidence on the v55/5 i believe)
  • the first registration fee (is this £55?)
Sorry for the huge list of questions, i'm just finding this very very confusing!!

Any help at all would be massively appreciated!

Thanks

Josh

chris frizzell

Club Member
i have reged my 280z and it very easy fill in v 55 a lot of technical info is on wickipedia but a lot is not applicable see v55 is your car on the nova if so take a photo copy of all your docs dont need insurence or mot as its exempt . send a photo of you and proof off address and £55 job done . they say on the v55 that you will not get the original US title thats why i photo copied my ones but then the registration came back they sent my original too . dont make any mistake as they a hard to change . the more detail you can put on the better but dont do any type approval i think you go to question 61 chris

Makesy

Club Member
Hi Josh,

@johnymd put a great post on my welcome thread regarding completion of the form

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/happy-new-owner.23835/

The post is about halfway down and should help you out.

Any issues, feel free to ask away. Plenty of us have registered import cars and the form is a bit of a pain, though not as scary as it first seems.

I hope you are finding the forum a helpful resource. If you feel it is good value, I hope you consider signing up as a full member :)

Cheers

Alex

Pondo

Club Member
Hi Josh I used Johnny’s info to fill mine out (use Makesys link above) but realised the DVLA must have added something in the form midway so halfway Johnys is numbering is out by 1 I think.....hope that makes sense!

Not much to fill out, actually quite simple, good luck and look forward to seeing the car sometime.

Josh Slade

Club Member
Hi Josh,

@johnymd put a great post on my welcome thread regarding completion of the form

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/happy-new-owner.23835/

The post is about halfway down and should help you out.

Any issues, feel free to ask away. Plenty of us have registered import cars and the form is a bit of a pain, though not as scary as it first seems.

I hope you are finding the forum a helpful resource. If you feel it is good value, I hope you consider signing up as a full member :)

Cheers

Alex

Thanks mate this was a lot of help!