260z 2+2 rhd

RyanAustin

Forum User
Hi all

Currently searching for 260z 2+2 and right hand drive. Preference is manual but if not auto would be fine.

Looking to find a project / resto to undertake but not having much luck at the moment finding anything.

I'm checking autotrader, piston heads, ebay, Facebook and here but is there any other good places to check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Farmer42

Club Member
It depends on your budget. RHD 2+2s don't come up very often & when they do they have usually been restored
not project cars. Ther is one such car on car & classic for £18k & that would be an average price for one of these now. LHD would be a better bet for a project if you are looking at a lower budget end. There tends to be more available.

RyanAustin

Forum User
I would probably say around 8k, maybe a bit more. Would that be the right sort of value if a project did come up?

Time isn't an issue if I have to wait but just want to make sure I'm not missing places that are better to check.

Rhd is really what I am after but didn't really want to get involved in a conversion if possible.

toopy

Club Member
Unless you happen upon a genuine barn find, i should think there are precious little project +2's in the UK, and even then it could be so rotten as to be unviable unless you can do everything yourself.
The odd one does come up for sale, but they are generally already restored or good ones imported so expensive.

It took me many months to get my car, as there just wasn't any for sale, and that was back in 1996!

Doing a RHD conversion, isn't as difficult as it used to be because some parts have been manufactured for it i.e. the bulk head pieces, that said it's not all available off the shelf, so still a pain.

Good luck :)

RyanAustin

Forum User
So I'm guessing it would be easier to buy one already restored or to convert to rhd then?

Typically I want one that's even harder to find !

RyanAustin

Forum User
I'm down in Kent but distance isn't an issue.

Unfortunately the first one I know about as I previously won it on ebay but after getting more details from the owner I found that there is absolutely no paperwork for anything and was a total write off in 1996.

I like the second one so maybe I'll have to see about pushing the budget if I cant find a project anywhere.

RyanAustin

Forum User
I've also seen the one up in Keighley that's been posted about on here before but a little unsure about the place given its reviews and history ...

toopy

Club Member
Most importantly with these 'restored' cars is whats underneath structurally, you don't want to pay that money for a rusty bottom!

Everything mechanical can be replaced and/or upgraded, so a less than perfect engine and or running gear shouldn't be too much trouble to sort out.

RyanAustin

Forum User
Haha I'm sure no one wants a brown bottom in any case!

Ahh by dons car would that be the resto mod for £25k?

Robbie J

Club Member
I purchased a US 2+2 and doing an RHD conversion. the car landed was about £7K, looks like it only needs a Dogleg and one other patch but I'm resto moding the rest. Getting the RHD drive bits is hard unless you have cheap shipping connections with Japan.

RyanAustin

Forum User
That doesn't seem too bad of a price to be fair.

What would you say is a rough guess towards total parts cost on conversion?

RyanAustin

Forum User
Oh dear so was sold and now is up for sale again!

I'll have to browse through that thread out of curiousity including 100+ pages haha

status

Well-Known Forum User
That one in Paisley looks ok,get an RAC inspection at least they should be able to give you a good idea of the structure also some bits are even harder to find than the 2 seater

Farmer42

Club Member
I see the red 2+2 (BLF***S) is up for sale again. Must be the 5th time in under a year. What on earth is wrong with it? The seller has 2 or 3 S30s for sale on ebay by the looks of it.