Anniversary of Z in Spa-Classic 2019

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Yes from me, so that makes it five of us this side if my maths correct.
Have sent Woody a pm with suggested meet up point en-route, just off J9/M20, bit easier than services/truck stop at J10.
Awaiting his reply before letting everyone else in on it :D

johnymd

Club Member
That’s odd. My weather app says only a pit of rain Friday then very nice Saturday and Sunday. Some rain late afternoons.

Bobafett

Well-Known Forum User
Chaps, are you guys planning on going Calais to the accommodation pretty all motorway there? ... that's boring! EXTRA:D

This will be the route I am suggesting/taking, with motorway past Brussels down to Namur, and from there leave the motorway at Namur take the road along the River Meuse to Huy and then take the scenic route (N66) to take in some of the Ardennes Forest to hotel :coolgleam:

BUT1uOs.png

It's a bit longer yes, but a nice enough drive!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
How long do you estimate that to be? Motorway is about 3.5hr I think. Google maps says non motorway the whole way is about 5.5hr.

Bobafett

Well-Known Forum User
How long do you estimate that to be? Motorway is about 3.5hr I think. Google maps says non motorway the whole way is about 5.5hr.

4 1/2 hrs to the accommodation, as its still a motorway route for about 3/4 the way - just the last section is 'scenic'

Don't think we are at the circuit on Thursday, so will plan on getting a few bottles of Leffe before getting to the Hotel :)

johnymd

Club Member
I’m happy to follow your route Tony. Can you send me a link to this google maps route?

As you say, no circuit Thursday.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Got back to a very wet Devon last night after an epic 1060 mile 5 day trip and the risk of taking the turbo 240Z paid off nicely. It was slightly unpredictable last year so I needed to get my confidence back in the car. Just ran better and better and made the journey back from Folkestone to Devon last night in just 4 hours with some very spirited driving along the A303 despite heavy traffic along the way.

Quite a few stories to tell. I may try and do a write up of the trip for the front page if I get the inspiration.
Great cars and great company :cheers: Doesn't get any better !

Big thanks to Matt Bannister and John for helping me out with the alternator issue at the track and of course the Elva race car engineers, who'd have known ;)