Filling in the V55/5 for a 1974 260z

Josh Slade

Club Member
Hi guys,

I'm new here, so sorry if this has been asked a million times! On the V55/5 form it talks a lot about an IVA or MVSA certificate, where do I get one of these? As it would make filling in this form a lot easier.

Cheers

Josh

richiep

Club Member
Hi Josh. You don't need an IVA or MVSA because of the age of the vehicle. You only need type approval documentation for cars under 10 years old. In the V355/5 instructions for the filling out the V55/5, it tells you to skip on to the second page and question 64, where you can give the reason for the car's exemption from type approval, i.e. classic car manufactured/registered 45 years ago.

Josh Slade

Club Member
Hi Josh. You don't need an IVA or MVSA because of the age of the vehicle. You only need type approval documentation for cars under 10 years old. In the V355/5 instructions for the filling out the V55/5, it tells you to skip on to the second page and question 64, where you can give the reason for the car's exemption from type approval, i.e. classic car manufactured/registered 45 years ago.

Ah this makes things much easier! So does that mean I don't need to need to fill in anything after question 11 to 60?

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
I have just filled my form in however i got a mot and my car is 45 yrs old i think easier to sell the car with one.