MSA rear antiroll bar

johnymd

Club Member
I have this kit:
https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic20g/23-4101
and I'm trying to fit it to a 240z that doesn't have the rear anti roll bar mounts on the shell. I did intend to make some and weld it to the car but I notice in the kit there are some parts I don't recognize for previous kits. Is this kit designed to be attached to the drop links? There are no instructions supplied with the kit so I'm after a bit of advice as to how it all goes together and if it can be mounted either way.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I always understood the US rear aftermarket kits to fit the other way round, behind the diff rather than in front like proper ones [emoji6]

johnymd

Club Member
I think I've just found the same kit on silvermine and they do provide instructions on what all the other parts are for. Now I know exactly where is is supposed to mount I think I'll make my own mount and weld them to the car with captive nuts but still use the fixings the same as the front that come with the kit.

johnymd

Club Member
Yes Jon. That is because a lot of US 240z shells did not have the mounting brackets fitted for the rear bars like the UK shells. Having said that, the majority of the 240z's that I have imported had these brackets fitted but not used. Fitting the roll bar mount to the drop links requires them to be drilled and I dont really want to remove them to do this.

Pondo

Club Member
Johny when I got my car it had a rear sway bar but it wasn’t fitted as mine is another car without the brackets mounted as it’s late ‘71. It looks like the same as the one you have supplied by z store 7/8”. The only bits I have are what’s in the photo so I will need to order anything missing (unless anyone has parts kicking around?) But can I just confirm what bits you made and which you used from the kit?

.....My car has been stuck at my mates so really excited to get it back to mine and start driving it again, really interested to see what difference having a rear sway bar fitted makes.

Attachments

• 2AE6DE44-8592-4635-A51B-CF293A4E4E57.jpeg
    2AE6DE44-8592-4635-A51B-CF293A4E4E57.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 23