Importing Exhaust Systems

RawlinSTR

Club Member
What exhaust manifold do you want ? $100 isn't that expensive considering the weight and volume of the two parts !

Hi Sean,

I'm getting a coated MSA 6-1 manifold. I understand that it's not 'lots' of money in the grand scheme of things, but shipping is around 1/5th of the price of the parts so I just wanted to see if I could do better!

Simon

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Simon.

If I may suggest something, better go for the 6-2 : https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic19d/15-6001CH

The 6-1 conception is aimed at drag-runs, exiting a lot of exhaust gas very quickly at the cost of low-down torque (better for road applications) and is prone to produce exhaust drone.

And the 6-2 is already less expensive.

.......if you were a French Z club member, you'd also be benefitting from a 10% reduction on the price of the part.

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Hi Simon.

If I may suggest something, better go for the 6-2 : https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic19d/15-6001CH

The 6-1 conception is aimed at drag-runs, exiting a lot of exhaust gas very quickly at the cost of low-down torque (better for road applications) and is prone to produce exhaust drone.

And the 6-2 is already less expensive.

.......if you were a French Z club member, you'd also be benefitting from a 10% reduction on the price of the part.

Thanks for the recommendation Sean.

I have a '432 replica' exhaust fitted by the previous owner, who cut off the 2-1 tube section and welded a flange on to fit a MSA 6-1 manifold. From your recommendation though I may see what I can do about rectifying that so I can run a 6-2.

I keep meaning to become a Z club member!

Hi, have you looked at using www.shipito.com ? Very very sensible way of doing it as you can see what i'l cost before you get it sent there, you then also control duty/vat etc so you'll make for a nice cheap manifold.

Just had a look at their website, looks like a viable solution - I'll check it out. Thanks

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I have a '432 replica' exhaust fitted by the previous owner, who cut off the 2-1 tube section and welded a flange on to fit a MSA 6-1 manifold. From your recommendation though I may see what I can do about rectifying that so I can run a 6-2.
Welcome, can you please share with us photos of the 432 replica exhaust silencer, I for one am curious ,
Cheers.

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Welcome, can you please share with us photos of the 432 replica exhaust silencer, I for one am curious ,
Cheers.

Sorry, I spoke out of turn there, I meant to say 432 'style' exhaust, not replica.

It's just a TRUST 432-style twin exit - I don't have any good pictures of it I'm afraid!

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Rubbish photo . But for anyone interested.

Attachments

• EXHAUST ASSY 2.JPG
    EXHAUST ASSY 2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 70
  • PART_1529616542358 (002).jpeg
    PART_1529616542358 (002).jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 67
  • backbox.PDF
    43.7 KB · Views: 15
  • PART_1529059543406.jpeg
    PART_1529059543406.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 68

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Pete, so Fujitsubo and not Trust, hence my confusion.

The rear fixing bracket on the first computer image is higher than on the pdf spec sheet.

The entry and exit pipes are quite long, mine has a 90mm entry length compared here to 150 and my exit pipes are shorter with the longest being 190 compared here to 240.

The box dimensions appear to be the same, 380mm in length and 150mm in diameter.

My entry pipe is 63mm compared here to 50, the exits are the same at 2x50mm for each silencer.

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 34

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Never been near a Fujitsubo exhaust so just estimated from pics. I think the rear bracket may have moved a bit since the pdf was made. I used the two inlets and blanked one off for the day in the fure when I fit a twin pipe system! Oh, and I've no connection to RawlinSTR, just saw an excuse to post my home built silencer.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Never been near a Fujitsubo exhaust so just estimated from pics. I think the rear bracket may have moved a bit since the pdf was made. I used the two inlets and blanked one off for the day in the fure when I fit a twin pipe system! just saw an excuse to post my home built silencer.

Not bad at all :) and yes, I was thrown by the stubby bit above the entry pipe as the Fujitsubo box has the fixing bracket on the upper pipe.

Can it really be Yen76,014 (£526) plus shipping and any customs ?:eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If you want Fujitsubo(amazing quality for the price) you’d be better getting it straight from Japan.

Ps: great choice, although should be fed by a twin pipe system

Of course but where else would one source a Japanese exhaust system ?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Where what ?

The "middlemen" you mentioned. Where are they?

You appear to be surprised that a Japanese product, made in a Japanese factory by properly paid Japanese staff, complying with Japanese industry standards and licensed for fitment under Japanese construction and use laws, costs 'X' amount.

For a Japanese customer, based in Japan, it makes a lot of sense. You won't see many S30-series Zs in Japan running imported exhaust systems.