Dan''s 240Z - 2nd time lucky

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
You need to finish painting that wall!
Ceiling was altered to insulate the house and all the old heating system was removed. With everything else I have going on house renovation wise and the ex misses giving me shit the last thing on my mind is the garage wall colour ... ;)

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Eventful day yesterday...

Forum member (I believe @Blaqkaudio) who is looking for a car came to view and had his first trip out in a 240Z.... Got back and the water pump seal decided to let go (less than 1000 miles!). Got an AISIN one now on order..!

Great to meet him and I’m sure he will find a lovely car to greet us all at some meets this year.

Dan

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Water-pump, that's bad luck Dan. Not the best start to 2019 motoring.

Not great for a pretty new pump..! Fortunately it happened pulling on to my drive and the car was still relatively cool. Read online and a few people have had issues with the GMP and Airtek pumps leaking from new... the seals aren’t inserted straight. Odd that mine lasted ~500 miles before spitting it’s dummy out.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I'd have bought the cheaper one as well, most likely ... the times my old chap said it, you'd have thought I'd have learned ... "You get what you pay for ..." etc etc

Blaqkaudio

Club Member
Thanks again Dan for letting me come to view the car, really stunning example and hope to be back in touch soon.
Hope the new water pump and seal has her up and running in no time!

-Dan

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I had two interested parties - one chap from France who Sean put in touch with me. Fortunately it’s staying in the UK and the new owner (collection pending) is already on here. He should stick something up on here after he has collected (I think on the 16th).

Dan

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Yesterday the car was driven away... It 'almost' brought a tear to my eye...

The new owner made it back towards Kent I believe hassle free! Although driving a left hooker took a bit of getting use too! Gave it a quick clean before she left and took some pictures...

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5959.jpg

Listening to it drive off really made it hit home. I haven't heard anyone else drive it and the exhaust note was stunning.