Silverstone Classic - 50th Anniversary Meet - 26-28th July

Farmer42

Club Member
Depends on weather but intend to spend the whole time there so probably going up on the Thursday. I think there is camping available so I may take the tent or get the Missus to tow the caravan. Are there any specific hotels or guesthouses that people use or will be using?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Depends on weather but intend to spend the whole time there so probably going up on the Thursday. I think there is camping available so I may take the tent or get the Missus to tow the caravan. Are there any specific hotels or guesthouses that people use or will be using?

Camping - my idea of hell!!!!!

And I used to be a D of E Gold assessor! How age changes you ;)

Farmer42

Club Member
Just gone into the Silverstone booking site and used the code but it tells me that I need to be registered with the Classic Z Register. Is that right or is it automatic?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
think that is because the all the z attendees are under that umbrella all using the same code instead of all as different clubs with different codes and then we would all be allocated to different places
If that makes sense

Thorz

240 Z (S30, 1970, serie 1)
Hello from Germany, my name is Thorsten and I would be glad to join Silverstone with my 1970 1st serie 240 Z. Is this possible?

I heard about a 50th anniversary Z event in Scotland, host is Jon Newlyn, it’s called „NC 500 tour - 500 mls to celebrate 50 years“ - does anyone know more about this?

Thanks a lot, BeZt

Attachments

• 5ECC397F-369B-46F1-84D5-EB93A635E577.jpeg
    5ECC397F-369B-46F1-84D5-EB93A635E577.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 13

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
You have arrived at the wrong club forum. Jon Newlyn is Chairman of the Classic Z Register. It is that club that are doing the NC500 tour in September.

Paul_S

Club Member
Hello from Germany, my name is Thorsten and I would be glad to join Silverstone with my 1970 1st serie 240 Z. Is this possible?

I heard about a 50th anniversary Z event in Scotland, host is Jon Newlyn, it’s called „NC 500 tour - 500 mls to celebrate 50 years“ - does anyone know more about this?

Thanks a lot, BeZt
But if you do want to come to this you would be very welcome. One of my German friends is bringing his 370Z over. Convoy! :)

TulipZ

Active Forum User
I'm keen to attend as many 50th anniversary events as I can but I'm deffo booked in for all 3 days at Silverstone. We (nissansportz) have reserved some nice accomodation too. Let me know if you're interested in staying over...
Hi Paul, There are a small group of us going to travel from Ireland to this, Nice mix of Z models, ferry is ok and price doesnt really change, but trying to source accomodation is a nightmare when we are not familiar with the area. Also it would be nice to be with other ZClub people. If you have any information, rates, availability on your place I would be very grateful.

Farmer42

Club Member
think that is because the all the z attendees are under that umbrella all using the same code instead of all as different clubs with different codes and then we would all be allocated to different places
If that makes sense

So if I book using that code and I am not registered with the czr I won't get turned away when I get there cos I'm not on their registration.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Booked tickets for all 3 days but will likely be there late Friday eve. Also booked the Retro Run - anyone else doing it?

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
1, 2 or 3 days? Just wondering of those who may be attending Silverstone Classic this year, how many days are you booking for?
As I live just down the road I thought I'd book for all 3 days this year and then play it by ear. Seems to be little interest so far considering it's supposed to be our 50th celebrations :(

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I went last year on the Sunday and woow averstone classic is a real eye opener loads of exotic classics rare cars go deffo worth a day ticket if you can't afford the whole weekend I'll be doing one of the days Saturday or Sunday dunno which yet

Paul_S

Club Member
1, 2 or 3 days? Just wondering of those who may be attending Silverstone Classic this year, how many days are you booking for?
As I live just down the road I thought I'd book for all 3 days this year and then play it by ear. Seems to be little interest so far considering it's supposed to be our 50th celebrations :(
Yes folks - let's get a good number of cars there. I've a few mates coming over from Germany and Holland. Let's put on a real show :)