Valve Spring Shims

Huw

Club Member
Anyone rebuilding/upgrading their Z cylinder head, will have read the importance of getting the valve spring heights and loads correct. Lots of nastiness will ensue if this isn’t the case.

Getting hold of valve spring shims in a variety of thicknesses to do this, has for me been a bit of a challenge. The Zstore do sell spring seats, they are ok with a thickness of 0.038” for both the internal and external springs. But that’s all they have.

Found this chap, Alex’ Parts on the web. Mainly Ford and American stuff but some of the Ford seats are of the correct internal and external diameters for the outer valve spring. He has various thicknesses 0.015”, 0.030”, 0.060”.

https://www.alexsparts.com/shim-kit-hardened-ford-140-2-3-4-cyl-1-365-x-1-00-060-030-015/

B7459A78-0142-45FE-BA28-B3A854D18C3A.jpeg

He will sell them singularly if you ask.

Thought I would share that, if you building or thinking of rebuilding your cylinder head.

Huw

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
I have just built an RB26 engine for my Datsun, and I used a Company called precisionshims.com.au. They are an absolutely brilliant Company to deal with, make any size shim you want and deliver to your door within four days from Australia. Go to their website, as above, everything is listed and they are cheaper than anyone else.