Fairlady Z432 at Sothebys

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
“Central 20” aluminum cast replicas of the Works Gotti" Eh ?

"One of the rarest first-generation GT-R-powered derivatives...."

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
“Central 20” aluminum cast replicas of the Works Gotti" Eh ?

Nissan works 4-spoke magnesium race wheels, late 1971-on, with bead stoppers, later nicknamed 'Gotti Mag' because they didn't have an official name and because they looked a bit like a Gotti 4-spoke design:

Central 20 'Z Sport' 4-spoke aluminium road wheel, approx 1978-on, 7j x 14", gold painted spokes with polished rim. Manufactured for Nissan SCCN works team driver Haruhito Yanagida's company 'Central 20' (plus a Toyota-fitment tie-up with race driver Peter Chow of HK/Macau, branded 'Chowinis') by Hayashi Racing in the late 1970s as a limited edition road wheel:

in a more pleasing colour

4pkT2oa.jpg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nissan works 4-spoke magnesium race wheels, late 1971-on, with bead stoppers, later nicknamed 'Gotti Mag' because they didn't have an official name and because they looked a bit like a Gotti 4-spoke design:

Many thanks Alan - so, just another case of people saying Gotti (and a lot more besides like 'GT-R powered') through ignorance ?

This sentence doesn't make any sense then : “Central 20” aluminum cast replicas of the Works Gotti"

Are they the real Central 20 'Z Sport' wheels or replicas ?

Are you fitting a set of those (weren't they called Kobi Seiko ?) wheels on your ZG ?

Franky - I'd have to agree and the 4xspoke wheel colour (you tuner you !) although not my favourite Watanabe style.

Many thanks Alan - so, just another case of people saying Gotti (and a lot more besides like 'GT-R powered') through ignorance ?

This sentence doesn't make any sense then : “Central 20” aluminum cast replicas of the Works Gotti"

Are they the real Central 20 'Z Sport' wheels or replicas ?

Are you fitting a set of those (weren't they called Kobi Seiko ?) wheels on your ZG ?

Franky - I'd have to agree and the 4xspoke wheel colour (you tuner you !) although not my favourite Watanabe style.

If you look at the works wheels Alan's pictured, you can see how the central 20's were inspired.(I think!)

The central 20's are real, the works wheels are.

As for the Watanabe, whats your favourite style? The R's are a timeless classic to me.

Last edited:

datsfun

Club Member
:( Did anyone ever make replicas? I knew they were rare by how few I've seen just in pictures... One of my favourites on a Z though!
Yes...you can \ could also buy them new (replica's). I recall a UK based engineering company was commissioned to manufacture a few sets.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yes...you can \ could also buy them new (replica's). I recall a UK based engineering company was commissioned to manufacture a few sets.

Guessing made to order from that comment rather than of fthe shelf anywhere?

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Whats the wheel on the far left?

Kobe Seiko works magnesium wheel. Unobtainium pretty much!

I would suspect this is replica of the Kobe Seiko "Rally" Works magnesium in aluminium. The Works Rally wheel (only in magnesium) was, as far as I understand, never sold to the general public by Nissan, but a few have found there way into the publics hands. Thus where the replicas come from.

Yes...you can \ could also buy them new (replica's). I recall a UK based engineering company was commissioned to manufacture a few sets

A very small run (I hear, costing tens of thousands of pounds) was done, of replicas of the Works Rally wheel, in aluminium, and magnesium (14"), and an even smaller run scaled up to 15" dia. in magnesium (I have some). The likelyhood of this happening again, is, well, remote, unless someone has some very deep pockets.

Did anyone ever make replicas? I knew they were rare by how few I've seen just in pictures... One of my favourites on a Z though!

I have seen some replica Kobe Seiko Works Rally wheels (and originals) for sale in Japan, again, expensive, as the work involved to make them....I have just brought a set of replica Kobe Seiko wheels...:)