240Z rebuild

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
He likes to make hard work, all that messing about with the release bearing and not realising why the the other clutch fork has a hole in it.

richiep

Club Member
He likes to make hard work, all that messing about with the release bearing and not realising why the the other clutch fork has a hole in it.

Agree with this. I actually stopped watching these videos religiously because I got a bit frustrated with some of his choices where I think he went off on tangents making things much harder and more complex for himself than needed. Putting lots of time into repairs of things that could easily be replaced for example (the bonnet, the headlight scoops, etc.), or done more efficiently if researched more thoroughly.

Love his Porsche though! I was actually a subscriber to his channel before he got the Z when he was doing the 911.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Probably does not help that he has an early 240Z car with 260Z suspension parts on it aswell

Blaqkaudio

Club Member
These have been a great watch so far, especially for a newbie such as myself but I have to say...that dash?

Seems a shame watching these videos and the time spent on certain items to then see this which just feels rushed, it's such a key visual part of the cars interior.
I know it's not technically finished, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Been watching since the beginning and the whole restoration seems completely disorganised. With the amount of work he has done to the car and continues to do he should have done a complete bare shell rebuild. He spent so much time on the paint work but is skimping in other areas.

He took the fuel tank out the other day and didn't even take the sender unit out to have a good look inside the tank. When he put it back the fuel filler had an obvious split it the end which is only going to get worse. The dash is a difficult one. I know people have restored them by filling and so on but how they will fair long term.... All he has done is put a dash cap on, it will hopefully look better once in the car.

I do wonder what's happened to the Porsha engine he spent time in America building, seems to have completely dropped off the radar.