Nakmandragonman

Forum User
Hi All,,

Just signed up my membership as a proud owner of a lovely Nismo 2016 in silver. I've owned it nearly a year now, covered six thousand miles in it and loved every minute. After years of driving turbo charged cars it is so refreshing to experience the linear power delivery of a normally aspirated large capacity engine.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new z will look like, if they ever decide to build one, and would be interested if anyone has any news.

I'm also thinking of fitting an aftermarket exhaust system to my Nismo and any recommendations would be helpful.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hiya and welcome.

Is the factory Nismo exhaust system so crap one needs to change it so soon ?:confused:

Nakmandragonman

Forum User
No it's not bad at all. There's a nice sound to it when you give it some and its quite enough in traffic. The problem I've got is that the end pipes are showing some corrosion inside and this produces an awful liquid deposit of brown rust running out of the exhausts. I've tried painting them inside but it keeps coming back after a few miles. Perhaps some rust preventative treatment and then some paint will cure it.

Apart from that it sounds okay and probably not worth changing, especially since the car is still under warranty.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm pretty shocked at what you say is emanating from factory parts and from such a recent car !

I know someone over here changed their Nismo pipes for after-market and then changed back as they were too noisy on long runs - choose wisely !

Nakmandragonman

Forum User
I think you're right. It's fairly noisy as it is, especially road noise at speed, so aftermarket pipes would only make this worse. I wouldn't mind on short trips but on long journeys it could be a bit tiresome.

It's going in for its second service in the new year so I'll mention it to my dealership.