Finally got some new wheels

Jamesk350

Club Member
I had a delivery this week as I actually found a real Black Friday deal from JBW and not made up deal that’s becoming common.

There 7x15 and was going to put 205/55/r15 Falken’s on them,just have to wait for spring now to drive it again.

Attachments

• ED781B81-C6D4-4CB4-BE3C-5B3CD4ED3A57.jpeg
    ED781B81-C6D4-4CB4-BE3C-5B3CD4ED3A57.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 43

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Falkens - not sure about those tbh.

7x15 is a good size though on an S30.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Falkens are fine and these are JBWs with those tyres !

Attachments

• Session 060bis.jpg
    Session 060bis.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Session 068bis.jpg
    Session 068bis.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 70

uk66fastback

Club Member
Falkens are decent tyres - when I bought my 944, the owner had just put four new ones on - five years later and they're still on ... and good.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Falkens are bit scary in the wet there fitted to the samuri was bit nervous driving it round what do people run as good all weather tyres

johnymd

Club Member
The biggest problem with tyres is they age. You will need to compare them with ones that are the same age. After 2 year they are generally way past their best. Admittedly this is far more noticeable on a track when you are pushing them to the limits but you will also see it on the road in an emergency situation.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Get some photos up when they're on the car :thumbs:

Falkens are decent mid range tyres, they wont rock the world in terms of performance but will do a decent job and being a harder compound will last a very long time mileage wise.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
My comment re Falkens was based on the experience on my mate. He was after some 'mid-range' (price) tyres for his Mondeo and gave me some quotes he'd had. I suggested he chose the Falkens - this was based on reviews by 350Z owners and the fact that they sponsor race cars. One of them failed on him - if I remember correctly the tread separated from the carcass and he was given a replacement. I will check that when he returns from New Zealand.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Well, I don't track it for sure, and 17,000 in five years of ownership for a daily that lives outside isn't a lot, but the grip is still decent in the damp/wet - you just drive accordingly! As a mid-range tyre they've become popular.

Jamesk350

Club Member
I see you point about the Falkens the thought had crossed my mind too. I don’t fancy Toyo tyres as there too track based, worked well in my GTiR which was tracked a lot,the only other known brand I’ve seen are contiantial but they don’t come cheap.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
That's odd, I put up a previous post on this thread just asking James for details of the wheels and suspension setup and it seems to have disappeared...

So James I was wondering what offset you had gone for and whether you have standard suspension? I'm asking as I need a new set of tyres next year as mine are something like 12 years old so a long way past their best. So my thinking is if I'm to replace them why not get a new set of wheels to go along with them.

Mike

Jamesk350

Club Member
At the moment it’s a stock car apart from Toyota front calipers and its got a set of poly bushes.
I got zero offset on the wheels after talking to JBW as that’s what they sell usually for the Z’s. I’ll be fitting a set of BC coilovers shortly but only plan to drop it by around 15mm not going to go over board with the Z.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Which model tyre?

If that was aimed at me then I don't know. He had another issue where his tyres were humming
I see you point about the Falkens the thought had crossed my mind too. I don’t fancy Toyo tyres as there too track based, worked well in my GTiR which was tracked a lot,the only other known brand I’ve seen are contiantial but they don’t come cheap.

Toyo make all types of tyre, I have them on my X Trail.

Continental have a great reputation, I have them on my blue 240Z

uk66fastback

Club Member
Falkens are bit scary in the wet there fitted to the samuri was bit nervous driving it round what do people run as good all weather tyres

In my experience, that is tosh! My 944 gets driven pretty fast in wet weather and they've never even stepped out of line ...

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
They are 10 year old falkens but got plenty of tread I will have to upload the details mint in dry just wet roads in summer started getting sloppy may just been greasy roads as we had lots of good weather and got caught out in the rain :/