Front screen needed

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Same item I paid £250 for at rock auto £116

65250c685da7ce4f1f72d74a071fd05e.png

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1977,280z,2.8l+l6,1209248,body,windshield+glass,6512

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Ricky Evans is the man you want, he can either supply or fit it for you. Google : Ricky Evans Windscreens.

johnymd

Club Member
I have 3 new screens in stock if you are desperate. Otherwise, as mentioned, Ricky Evens is the guy to get them from. Not sure if he has any left now as the batches often sell out as soon as they arrive. I've just got mine and they have been on back order for several months.

johnymd

Club Member
Sorry, just noticed its a 2+2 and I think they are a different size. I don't know this from experience but have seen various posts from people asking why their new screens are too small.

Makesy

Club Member
Bought mine from Ricky Evans a couple of weeks ago. He does a heated and standard variant.

Can't complain, though be aware there was a lead time on my standard screen whilst stock was shipped to him (~8 weeks if I remember correctly) in case you are looking for something quickly and he has none left.

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry, just noticed its a 2+2 and I think they are a different size. I don't know this from experience but have seen various posts from people asking why their new screens are too small.

Windscreens for 2+2 are the same but the rubbers or weather strips are different. I've just received a new screen from Ricky Evans also.

Pilkinton also do a screens but be careful as I have one of these and the fit/quality is appalling.

Ian

Club Member
Bought mine from Ricky Evans a couple of weeks ago. He does a heated and standard variant.
How much? Whats the quality like? Which did you go for? Heated or Standard? I reckon you can see the wires in the heated ones?

My original screen is not great on account of being 40 years old so thinking since the screen will soon be out for rebuild it only makes sense to fit a new one.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I have a Ricky Evans screen in my Series 1 Land Rover. I’ll be honest I’ve never seen the wires without deliberately looking and I don’t think they’ve ever been spotted when the vehicle is at shows.
I reckon they’re a winner if u suffer a misty screen in winter. If u don’t use the car in the damp prob not an issue and I wouldn’t bother fitting one.

Makesy

Club Member
I went for standard. It was about £150, but with delivery would be a bit more.

A few years ago I drove a Focus hire car with a heated screen where the lines were very visible and it was enough to put me off. Can't comment on if the Ricky Evans heated screen is any better.

I won't be using my Z in the winter so no need for it there either, but I can see why it would appeal to some.

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’m having a new screen fitted in sat,the one coming out has a couple of little nicks in it that I picked up going to Le Mans Classic this year,I’m fussy that’s why it’s being renewed but you are welcome to the one coming out

Ian

Club Member
I went for standard. It was about £150, but with delivery would be a bit more.
As its a good weather only car I guess there isn't much point in running aheated screen.

£150 is really cheap, I was expecting way more than that.

I’m having a new screen fitted in sat,the one coming out has a couple of little nicks in it that I picked up going to Le Mans Classic this year,I’m fussy that’s why it’s being renewed but you are welcome to the one coming out
Thanks, but if I can get a brand new one for £150 then I might as well go that way.

It seems a few people here are using the Ricky Evans screens, do you all agree the quality is ok?

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’m having mine made by pilkington or at least auto glass are ,I get em to take it away then on sat