Outer Tie Rod Dust Cover

iandecjak

Club Member
Anyone have the size of the dust cover and/or fitted poly ones recently. I think the correct ones are .472/1.200/.950 high?
Would like to replace complete tie rod but having trouble finding them in the UK and hope this would fix the MOT advisory.......
It seems getting parts for this early zx is not simple and US seems the only option going forward - brake calipers a point in mind.

Huw

Club Member
MJP Eastern Autos (Mr.F). Or as Franky said Rock Autos.

Biggred.co.uk do the brake calipers, seals, pistons etc except for the rear calipers on early ZX (79 to 81). Those are very difficult to come by.

iandecjak

Club Member
Have you tried rock auto? Amazingly cheap and quick for the easier things
Thanks Franky, yes I actually used Rock Auto for front and rear caliper repair kits but can see ebay selling bog standard dust covers for little money and thought that maybe a cheaper option than replacing tie rod but if MJO are doing them for £12 each then that maybe the way to go.....

iandecjak

Club Member
MJP Eastern Autos (Mr.F). Or as Franky said Rock Autos.

Biggred.co.uk do the brake calipers, seals, pistons etc except for the rear calipers on early ZX (79 to 81). Those are very difficult to come by.
Thanks Huw, I have now repaired all four calipers with seal/cover kits and although the pistons were pitted they polished up ok and the bores were better and they seem to be holding for now. I will probably get a new piston for the front after the MOT (which I hope it passes). I am having to make up a copper brake pipe for one rear caliper as the union was difficult to remove............so thats the job for tomorrow.