Brake Caliper Repair Kit

iandecjak

Club Member
Does anyone know where I can buy repair seal kits for front and rear brake calipers for a 1979 280zx.
I have not had any luck so far in the UK and thought I had managed to find some in Germany but they were wrong model. I also emailed MJP but didn't get any response - he maybe on holiday.
Car failed MOT for brake binding and I need to get them sorted for retest.
Any help gratefully recieved.......

iandecjak

Club Member
I have managed to find the required sets in the US at just under £30 for a full set delivered FedEX by Friday, just in time to fit the weekend - hope I don't get any issues fitting.........

niroshann

Club Member
I have managed to find the required sets in the US at just under £30 for a full set delivered FedEX by Friday, just in time to fit the weekend - hope I don't get any issues fitting.........
Keen to know how it goes. It will be a job to do on mine also and I was wondering where to get parts from

Farmer42

Club Member
Does anyone know where I can buy repair seal kits for front and rear brake calipers for a 1979 280zx.
I have not had any luck so far in the UK and thought I had managed to find some in Germany but they were wrong model. I also emailed MJP but didn't get any response - he maybe on holiday.
Car failed MOT for brake binding and I need to get them sorted for retest.
Any help gratefully recieved.......

If it was just binding and not leaking or the rubbers perished, it is probably corrosion or crud on the piston itself which is what happened with the front calipers on my 260Z. They are pretty easy to take apart and they way to get the piston out if it is a bit stuck is with an airline after sealing the bleed nipple. I used a tyre inflator/compressor - the one that plugs into the cigar lighter. Simple but effective. However if you have already ordered the seals it is no harm in replacing them providing they fit.