Silverstone Classic 2018

Jay.

Club Member
Hmm I think I may have missed the boat on getting tickets for this. Woops!

What's the code we'd be using to join with the Z Registry?

Last edited:

DonMuscles

Well-Known Forum User
You need to contact the Z register PA.

He is a very nice guy and gave me the code £67.50 for the car to get in on the club stand, including 2 passengers.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
If anyone wants a ticket I have a spare for all three days Fri/Sat/Sun admits two adults
Discount ticket at slightly less than cost £ 100

Also includes infield CZR stand parking with parade lap Saturday although you will have to change the number plate reg. details
S30 240/260/280Z only

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Yeah yeah, all Z owners have vip tickets ;)

I am guessing as part of Rob Croftons’ support team/pit crew EXTRA:D
A token of his appreciation for LMC :smoke:

I have complementry tickets for Sunday I cant afford them prices :)

Should be a good do :)

Last edited:

johnymd

Club Member
Looking forward to it but wearing a shirt and trousers for the day will feel like I'm back at work again!!

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I have complementry tickets for Sunday I cant afford them prices :)

Should be a good do :)

Good to see more Z Club members getting involved.
This is the best classic event in the UK bar none.

However, unless you are on the ball and book early it can be expensive. That is the key here.

There were 2 for 1 early bird tickets in January which meant for £ 102 or £ 51 per person you get full three day tickets for Fri/Sat/Sun, access all areas and free stand pass infield to park with all the other Zs. That is VALUE....... £ 17 per day for great racing and more classics than you will see anywhere else in one place in the country..... an absolute bargain.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Looking forward to it but wearing a shirt and trousers for the day will feel like I'm back at work again!!

Downside of the VIP ticket eh Johnny ? You have to dress up as a corporate Henry :D
Can always bring your overalls, may come in handy again:EXTRAlol:

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
:(

Just taken the red L28E Turbo engined 240Z for a final check and test before run up to Silverstone on Thursday, thought I was all set, head gasket issue sorted, fuel leak sorted, MSD ignition box signalling issues sorted, 5 miles up the road and the near side front brake caliper seized in a cloud of smoke, tried to limp home and lost the brakes completely on steep downwards hill, brake fluid had overheated and pedal went to the floor, brown trouser moment, frantic cadence braking using the handbrake just managed to keep me from rear ending the van in front...........

Looks like not going to be able to get brake issue sorted in time as need to leave Devon early Thursday morning so really need to pick up a new caliper and pads tomorrow
Anyone have any ideas who if anyone may stock within 50 miles of Exeter ?
It is Toyota part, fitted to 4Runner and maybe some other models ?
Not the usual SW12 Hilux type but larger SW13B

Here is eBay link to correct part but this can only be delivered Thursday which will be too late so need to find someone who has one in an actual store/factors etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-CA...094461&hash=item1ca39b4580:g:E3kAAOSwqu5anm1L
Sw13B

DonMuscles

Well-Known Forum User
If you want to get the part sent to me and get your car delivered to me on a recovery truck I will happily do the job for you on thursday and you can pick it up thursday night if you like.

I would like to help you out.