World Cup thread.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Been very good so far, cracking Spain Portugal derby with Ronaldo rubber stamping his superstar status. The home country drubbing Saudi Arabia and Mexico holding on against the Germans, Iceland getting a draw against Argentina. Just waiting for the usual England implosion tomorrow.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've got Iceland in our pub 'sweep', my neighbour has Saudi Arabi.

Ronaldo was top class in that game.

I have a Parish Council Meeting tonight in a Church Hall at 7pm. Oh well, I'll have to catch up later. I wish England a good start - I'd be extremely proud if one of my lads was playing and I would hope we as a nation would support him.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Oh well, I'll have to catch up later. I wish England a good start - I'd be extremely proud if one of my lads was playing and I would hope we as a nation would support him.
Ok well, fingers crossed. I hope you as a nation live up to your expectation.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I was so wishing Germany were going out - but hey they scored well into injury time. So many goals get scored in injury/stopage time.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes great first half. They should have built confidence for the better teams I hope. So far this tournament has shown Russia to be a better country than I believed.

toopy

Club Member
A month of football.... oh joy!

Time to break something else on the Z me thinks! ;):D

Well, i did actually watch the England game today :hurray:

Although i have also managed to break something on the car....... I now need a new brake master cylinder :rolleyes::D

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Bit disappointing last night but onwards and upwards as they say

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Bit disappointing last night but onwards and upwards as they say

Well if was an awkward situation to manage. Sport shouldn't have situations where you don't really care if you lose.

It will be interesting see who get's further England or Belgium.

Columbia will need some respect!

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
An absolute heart breaker for the Japanese. Deserved at least to take that to extra time.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Japan played brilliantly last night, such a shame they lost in the last minute and Belgium did well to come back and win the game.
I think this has been one of the best World cups I have seen I just hope the final match will be just as good. Ii was hoping Brazil was going out just make things a bit more interesting.