Oops...

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Richie, I thought this may be of interest to you, and others using Facet pumps. You know the hassle I've been having with (what seems like)fuel starvation and my car packing up. I had the car on the ramp today and checked through a few things. Pump (Facet red top, only about 2000 miles on it) was making the right noise but no pressure at output so no fuel being pumped. Checked feed from fuel tank into the pump and that was fine so it points to the pump playing up. This is the 3rd Facet red top pump on my car in less than 3 years. So, I'd already ordered another red top last week but decided to make a few phone calls today to pick a few brains. Got to speaking to fourways and they told me they had been through several facet red tops on a customers car in a very short space of time. Due to this issue they have now switched to Huco pumps (a German company, easy to pick up here). So I've now got a Huco pump on the way and I'll be fitting that instead. I'll let you know how it goes.

richiep

Club Member
Interesting. The Facets have been redesigned in recent years -they are now electronic/solid state tech. I saw something on some forum somewhere questioning the reliability of the newer version too...

We will have to see...