The big 50 is coming

status

Well-Known Forum User
Where ever it is I think there should be a band and DJ in the evening for those camping,maybe Rah and me could sort band

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
all the clubs are being talked and approached to already when the thread was first started

Well, which clubs then because the Z is a world car - in the UK we used to hold International events....we, as a club over here always invite people from the UK to ours.......I don't recall being talked to when the thread was first started.

Surly the 50th should be including all the relevant clubs that cater for any variant of the Z series no matter what age that car is

Agreed, so get the word moving, use FB and whatever else but make it go with a bang - not 50 or 100 cars but hundreds but in order to do so, there must be something to attract Z owners from afar and that afr might be Scotland, Northern England, Cornwall, Devon and Kent....it takes something to get people out the door and in their Zs to battle with traffic jams etc so a venue must be found and something to do other than sniff under each other's bonnets !

QUOTE=SeanDezart;277987]In these days of internet and you tube where people are used to pushing the replay button to 'participate' at home on the sofa witha beer and popcorn, you need something to entice the punters to actually get in their cars ![/QUOTE]

What makes 2019 even more interesting is
50 years of the Z
30 years of the Z32
10 years of the 350Z

Lest us not forget 40years of 280ZXs.....!:confused:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
The event is being held in the UK and how you invite overseas club to an event when you do not know what and when the event is beyond me

Off course as well as asking all members what they would prefer we also would like Nissan to be involved in a celebratory meeting and they have said they are already thinking about a celebration and would like to include car clubs, how ever they have said it won't be properly discussed until the next financial year so again we will need to decide whether wait for the outcome of their financial planing or decide to do our own thing and then take the chance of two celebratory meetings being close together or even on the same day

And yes sadly I overlooked the 280ZX's 40th

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The event is being held in the UK and how you invite overseas club to an event when you do not know what and when the event is beyond me

Off course as well as asking all members what they would prefer we also would like Nissan to be involved in a celebratory meeting and they have said they are already thinking about a celebration and would like to include car clubs, how ever they have said it won't be properly discussed until the next financial year so again we will need to decide whether wait for the outcome of their financial planing or decide to do our own thing and then take the chance of two celebratory meetings being close together or even on the same day

And yes sadly I overlooked the 280ZX's 40th

How do you invite ANY club without a date or venue ?;)

My advice is to forget Nissan as even IF they do something, it most probably won't be something in the interests of club members ie perhaps a corner of their motro show stand with '50 years' banners above their fleet 370Z !

Decide upon the type of venue, then the place, then the date.

Zs are not Austin A40s so members like to 'drive' them - the Bruntingthorpe idea isn't bad as part of a touristic weekend and/or concours ?

Even the vets are out driving today down to Brighton.:)

status

Well-Known Forum User
Agree with Sean,Nissan havnt really give a toss in the past about the older Zeds so pick a date and venue that suits the clubs involved and if Nissan invite the clubs to their party then it’s up to them if they go

Nmd14

Club Member
Hi Guys,

My tuppence worth....

The E-types got a shed load of attention last year with a round Britain relay tour for charity. You could do as many or as few of the stages as you liked.

How about something similar for all Zs and then finishing at Silverstone Classic (or similar) with a parade lap?

I have a copy of their route and the hotels used etc so at least some of the donkey work will have been done.

Just a thought, Nick D.

Lorro

Club Member
Hows the planning going on this? has anyone thought of contacting Nissan at the Sunderland factory and saying, hey, how would you like 100+ Z's in the car park? Lots of very cool publicity for them and maybe we get a tour of the factory and a T shirt!

Hub280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Nor have I but I keep reading Silverstone, Donnington....:unsure:
Hello Z Lovers!
my planning for 2018 is now closed.
Considering the possible events over 2019, I am now checking the opportunities, and I'd love to come to UK!
I am lost on this Big 50 as I cannot find practical information about where and when.
The time for camping is over for me, and I am concerned about making reservations in due time.
And I do not want to drive 150 miles in the morning and in the evening!
Knowing the booking difficulties around large meetings, we are coming to the very last opportunities already.
So, WHERE and WHEN?
Thanks for further information, hoping that it can fit in the 2019 planning!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It’s still a secret me thinks

Hubert, planning is slow on this so I would advise you to come to Donington in May or the Silverstone Classic in July. Both with have Zs in attendance and both are Classic Race Meetings like Spa.

I think the Silverstone Classic is the biggest event overall (not attended myself) but Donington is a lovely, friendly relaxed event with good viewing and access to the paddock.

Oulton Park (Gold Cup) is a nice event and circuit too - usually late August. You could stay in Chester for this event - a lovely historic City.

Last edited:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Re Silverstone classic 2019. As promised I've spoken with my local hotel (Hellidon Lakes hotel & spa) re prices for Silverstone classic weekend. Seems like they are milking it to me as I'm sure they aren't normally so expensive but here's prices quoted.

Rates:
2 night stay:
24.07.19 – 26.07.19
Double £220 Bed and breakfast
Twin £268 Bed and breakfast
3 night stay:
24.07.19 – 27.07.19
Double £330 Bed and breakfast
Twin £402 Bed and breakfast.

Hub280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Rob, thanks for the information, and so I understand, nothing is yet planned for the Big 50...
My preference would go for Silverstone considering the dates. Donnington in May is the rush period for events, and I think it would clash with other events.
Oulton Park, end of August, will be difficult also as the traditional family holidays is at the same period.
I will check the possibilities with Catherine and keep you posted.

Jake, thanks for the information regarding Hellidon lakes hotel.
I see that the dates you indicate (24 to 26 July 2019) are mid week days (?)
I suppose that Silverstone Classic 2019 will go over a week-end?
Thanks for checking if possible...

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Jake, thanks for the information regarding Hellidon lakes hotel.
I see that the dates you indicate (24 to 26 July 2019) are mid week days (?)
I suppose that Silverstone Classic 2019 will go over a week-end?
Thanks for checking if possible...

I wasn't sure of the exact date for 2019 Silverstone Classic so I just went with the first date that came to mind. It's a good starting point :)
If enough people wanted to book into Hellidon I'm sure some discount could be arranged.
Hellidon to Silverstone is about 16 miles.