Why are holidays just so expensive?

johnymd

Club Member
Just spent a week in Dubai staying at a superb hotel and eating in the best restaurants and paying stupid prices for beer. None of which cost much money at all due to the excellent complementary half board we got and the bargain price for 8 days in Jumeirah Beech hotel. Even Sue didn't spend a penny in the vast mail's or the gold markets. In fact the whole holiday was a bit of a bargain and quite painless on the bank balance. The biggest problem was the free internet access and hours sitting around the pool looking at nothing but US cars for sale and that cost me dearly.

johnymd

Club Member
I was actually looking for a gearbox and engine for the Porsche and I needed something to transport them in. A zed seamed the obvious choice.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Well that doesn't look too bad at all ...

And that has all the smog stuff on it. What's the consensus - will you remove all that when you bring it in? I don't know the pros and cons of keeping it etc - or just jacking the lot ...

Is that the air con stuff in the back there?

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Aww man looks good - I really wish I could get another. Got nowhere to put it though!

status

Well-Known Forum User
You will have to go down to my caravan on Mersea island for a holiday,that will be a lot cheaper for you mate

johnymd

Club Member
It does sound and look like a good car. The good one arnt cheap though and the dollar rate isn't good. Wish I'd paid for it Wednesday. Not sure if I'll keep it as I'm trying to generate funds for the 911 build. Will have to see how things pan out.

johnymd

Club Member
It's an '81sc targa. Something I've always wanted. I've always liked the targa over the coupe and one came up for sale at a price I could afford. I wanted a project so I could build the car as I wanted it. I'm not a purest so this won't be a standard car. I know it will decrease its value but I don't care. I'm not an investment buyer. I love the singer's and the Magnus slant on 911's. It's good to be different.

status

Well-Known Forum User
My next car,had my other dream car,Jensen interceptor,might have to sell the Zed to fund it,offers anyone

uk66fastback

Club Member
Like most car fans, I like the 911, but the original ones rather than the bloated ones they've become. First one I ever can remember seeing belonged to the boss of Mays Carpets 40 years ago - an electric blue Turbo on a P plate. To someone just in his early teens it was the poster on the wall car for me, rather than the Countach or anything more exotic.

When in California 20 years ago, I saw an early 911 for sale by the side of the road and thought, what if? It was about $6000-odd and was gold. What it was like rust-wise I can't remember but I realised it would have been foolhardy to buy it at the time.

They're out of the reach of most now, of course - and the Z is getting that way.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
This is getting rather obsessive John. :eek:

You must have 3-4% of 240Zs in the UK.

The car looks nice and 'solid'.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Another UC Davis Aggies license plate frame and a Zed with original California blue plates. Must have been a Sacramento car at one time. Same color as Matt's car, love it.

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks Mike. I was thinking the colour was Lime green until Terry pointed out its yellow. Don't think I've seen a yellow car in the flesh before and I didn't realise Matt's was yellow too. We will have to compare cars when it arrives Matt.

tel240z

Club Member
Thanks Mike. I was thinking the colour was Lime green until Terry pointed out its yellow. Don't think I've seen a yellow car in the flesh before and I didn't realise Matt's was yellow too. We will have to compare cars when it arrives Matt.

Im not sure Matts is yellow John i thought all along it was 112, same as mine but now looking at the pictures on his thread and his quote

Planning on keeping it 112, front and rear spoilers, a little lower and some Rotas
It would be nice to detail the underside.

Im very confused :confused:
__

johnymd

Club Member
Picture.......mmmm. How can I put it?

At the moment it best resembles an ageing slapper the morning after a heavy night on the razz, makeup pretty much all gone and looking far from attractive. Not something you really want to take a picture of and display on the world wide web unless it belongs to someone else.