A day in the studio

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks to Rob, had the opportunity to have the Z professionally photo'd today. 3 hours of pictures for a Classic Car book coming out later this year. Thanks to Rob too for lending me wheels and trims...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 125

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
I'll be sent the pictures soon. Here's one I took.

3.5 hrs in the studio. The book will have a chapter on each classic car - 30 in total.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 73

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
Sean, I will only sell if it reaches the right level for a sale. If it does, then I'll sell it. If not, then I'll keep it. It is just that I have limited funds - and I can't keep all the cars I buy or want. Simple as that.

It'll give someone else the chance to own a 240Z. As I said, if it does not sell then I'll very happily keep.

I'll advertise it in the usual way, PH, eBay and C&C.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Forgive me, I'm always sad to see someone so passionate about a Z need/have to sell it and so soon after having completed it - like rennovating a house, putting in a pool and never using it before the next owner enjoys all your labour (even if they do pay for the priviledge) !

And of course, it'll be bye-bye from you too so one less to chat !

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
As I said, if it does not sell, then I'll be around for a little while yet!

Let's see what I can achieve for the car - if at all - as a benchmark for our cars

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
It wasn't the one with white lettered tyres. Mine has fine micro blistering post respray about 15 years - it wouldn't have polished up. No choice but to bare metal.

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not sure tbh. I'm guessing it's an etch primer. I know it had quite a bit of heavy primer, but don't know what went over the bare metal. I'll go to the body shop and ask - unless someone on here knows?

uk66fastback

Club Member
I think it is an etch of some kind. Or an epoxy, I think the epoxy is more common in the US. Then primer coat after primer coat, then a thicker filler coat of primer, to fill in the almost invisible nicks here and there etc. Flatting after each one maybe - then a dark guide coat to see where the waves are etc ...

Where's the forum's sprayers?