All good things must come to an end

johnymd

Club Member
I don't know a lot about turbo's but I don't want to loose the responsiveness of the current. A single would be a whole lot easier to work on though.

z32bolt

Well-Known Forum User
I don't know a lot about turbo's but I don't want to loose the responsiveness of the current. A single would be a whole lot easier to work on though.

I couldn't advise you there. However there is gallons of info it there. It seems a gt30r is quite popular. In either 0.63 or 0.82 AR depending on how you want the car to behave.

Ian

Club Member
With the right modern turbo you can get really great response from a single, the main reason I stayed twin is that despite the responsiveness you can get from a single they till come on power much harder compared to twins, which in a RWD like ours means its much more likely to break traction compared to the smooth progressiveness of twins.

240z

Club Member
Sorry I didn't see this sooner - I've got a spare set of turbos you could have had, waiting for the inevitable, like you seem to have found. I've not got there yet!

Hopefully all the bits just shot out the exhaust. I have heard cases of people backing off quickly when they hear the noise and bits getting sucked the wrong way. It does seem a bit counter intuitive to keep your foot down when you hear that kind of clatter though!

Hope you get it sorted soon!!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnymd

Club Member
I think I should be OK for the moment as it seams to be running OK on the replacement turbo's, despite my doubts on their condition. Got it running this afternoon and the turbo's were squealing for a while but seam to have quietened down a bit now. Here's a clip of it.

https://youtu.be/GrQLtXlulNA

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Great news John, you japfesting her? My friend still talks about how you decimated everything on the track that day. Would love to see you running again!!!!