"Down South" Z meet, Castle Combe, 25th June

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
At Castle Combe Circuit on Saturday the 25th June 2016 there is a Classic, Kit and Retro Action Day.

It is not a big event but enough cars to keep you interested for two or three hours. It's good because it brings out the older 60's, 70's and 80's cars with quite a number given a blast around the track. There are club stands for marques; an area for individuals to park up with their older cars and general public parking. Older rather than modern stuff.

I went last year and enjoyed it and plan to take my Z this year if the weather is fine. Last year was the Welcome to the Dark Side V8 Z blasting around the track and had a chat with Geof Gale (now retired from Auto Active Z shop in Bristol area)

So this is an early heads up for those down south who might want to pencil in this event for a Z visit. I will be parking in the area that is allocated to the Z club at Japfest but by the track barriers. There is ample public parking as its not a big event. By going into the general public parking you can come and go as you please and not be tied down to set club stand times

I'll bump this post in early June to remind/see if there are other Z owners interested. If there is enthusiasm then it would be also good to give a heads up to other Datsun, Celica, old Mazda/Mitsubishi clubs and have an old JapCar informal gathering

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
You'll need to screw in that silencer thing Jake ;)

Luddy

Well-Known Forum User
I'll try and be there, although it is the weekend after Lemans so might need to buy the wife some flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Phil,
This is just an informal gathering and not a club event. There will be no formal commitment to show up. If owners show up with their Z that would be nice. If only a few turn up thats ok too as there is enough general stuff at the show to make a visit worthwhile.

General request : - If you read this post and there is a chance that that you might turn up with your Z then sent a simple post "might turn up"

If there are 10+ "might show up" posted then it could gain a momentum. Even more will then think about the event.