Just Opened A New Can Of Worms.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Well the forum is just three years old this month. So "Happy Birthday MR/MRs/Ms FORUM"

SO...... wot I wanna know is..........

IS IT A SUCCESS?????......Or.....IS IT A FAILURE????? ....DISCUSS!

OK! Can of worms opened..... over to you.....

Russ

Club Member
LOL,

3 years old, wooo.

I'd say it's somewhere in between, with the potential for either but probably the former.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
After a slow start I feel it is increasing in its momentum. It has become more of a success as time has passed.

As for the furture ? It needs to continue in its growth, the web site is the future of The Club; if it fails, The Club fails.

Mr.G

Club Member
Totally agree with Vertematidog, it is a must see everyday for me too.

I have to say that I personally feel that this site has only got off the ground since Russ joined and put his immense enthusiasm and time into it. Hats off to the boy :santa:, oops its still on! :) Ahhh, thats better.

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Well, PMAC, I would estimate that first 18 months of that 3 year life-span was time spent waiting for a single reply to early threads, therefore I would say the forum was indeed a success.

That isn't to say there's no room for improvement, but the work amongst the committed (they know who they are) means that things are evolving all the time. Another measure of success, I suspect.

The all pervading apathy of the early days, or whatever you want to call it, means that the forum could easily have died IMO, so surely this must also rate it a success.

Look at it another way - there's no other UK forum dedicated to 240/260/280/Z31, is there? (I'm happy to be corrected here) I think 300zx.co.uk pre-dates us, and the 350 one was inevitable, so I think zclub.net does deserve to be celebrated.

Just my 2p.
JB.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I'd say a success. I visit every day, even if I don't have enough time/knowledge to post.

We always need more "attendees" though of course!

What connections do we have with other Z clubs around the world?

Tony

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
well anyone who thinks it is a failure should be taken outside and shot !!!!!!!!!!

it is basically a bee hive of information and we are the bee's going backwards and forwards for the exchange information and as long as we keep doing that and getting other bee's to join in then it will always be a success.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Works for me and I'd be on it more but for working away from home and at weekends Cathy throwing me off the PC !

She's having her hair done this morning, hee, hee ,hee !

Even nicer without so much spam though !

Sean

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
would be nice if people would up load more video clips - this is a user thing though not an admin or webmaster thing. Just a thought.

Russ

Club Member
I agree, but I'm a bit wary of bandwidth usage... have to see what I can come up with.