Ooh

Ped

Club Member
Oh Yeah! I like that, it looks pretty complete too. Will keep an eye on the price, someones gonna get a splendid project. Will look great lowered a tad with some decent period JDM wheels on it.

richiep

Club Member
I predict bidding could get quite enthusiastic on that, even as a 4-door in pretty rough condition. Not exactly common in the UK...

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Looks old fashioned to me. sort of like a mk1 Cortina. Surprising it's the same era as the Zs.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Looks old fashioned to me. sort of like a mk1 Cortina. Surprising it's the same era as the Zs.

The C10-series design and engineering predates that of the S30-series by three years at least.

Pretty much the same drivetrain though.

The car in question is very likely to be a real Pandora's Hako....

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry for the **** question but does anybody have an idea how much it might cost to restore this thing to a good standard, reminiscent of a GTR? (not concours, might be missing a few details here and there, and keeping the 2000GT badges...)

*runs and hides...*

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry for the **** question but does anybody have an idea how much it might cost to restore this thing to a good standard, reminiscent of a GTR? (not concours, might be missing a few details here and there, and keeping the 2000GT badges...)

*runs and hides...*

Not enough data for me - 'good' is subjective, what parts/trim are missing - which parts to upgrade if at all ?

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Let's say rust has taken its hold and you need a full resto - shell blasted, dipped and needing new panels and welding.

Interior doesn't look too bad, quite dirty. Probably re-trim the front seats or possibly retro bucket seats and harnesses. Let's say new dash needed and new carpets & roof re-trim.

Then aggressive cam L24, triples, new exhaust system - nothing crazy..

Coilovers & strut braces

Flares done properly (cut arches)

Wheels & tyres not factored into budget.

You reckon it would be easier to buy a good condition Hako to start off? Lol just interested as to what parts and panels for these are going for.. Similar costs to an S30?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
New dash ?

S30s are more common and new dashes start at £500 if you can find one and have it shipped ($$$$$).

Trim, panels and specific parts for this car have gotta be rarer and to what end ? The car has little interest from a sporting or historic point of view - it's just rare and raity doesn't equate value or a following.

I'd also go for a 510 or even that 140Z that was up for sale a while back and for a lot less initial outlay.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
It's kind of the same thing as with S30s though isn't it? Sportier looking coupe version more desirable - wouldn't say no to a 4 door hako though :)

I bet if this car was in silver opinions would be a bit different, they look so right in that colour.

And thank god no-one has tried to bolt arches on it, seen it before where arches have been bolted on over the back doors so they don't even open any more.

[EDIT] or this colour, don't know what paint code it is but it suits so well:

4714160524_9972d6c2ac_b.jpg

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah I'd never get a 4 door - would have to have arches and to do that you'd need to cut the rear in half to still use the door like Morbias said... Lol that's if I ever get to own a Hakosuka!! :p The silver ones work so well with the black wheels, liking the gold colour above too

Thanks Sean - i'm a noob when it comes to resto values, I know of some of the costs going into S30's so just wondered if it was the same with Hakosukas or if they had more of an aftermarket / trader stock seeing as they're usually put on a higher pedestal than S30's 'in general'. That's my outsider view but maybe I can be enlightened on this!

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
While I'm not that fussed either way over rear flares on the 2 door version, it think it looks odd on a 4 door - it's a good looking car on its own without needing to be modded!

That's just my tastes though, it's not for everyone I suppose :)

datsfun

Club Member
The car has little interest from a sporting or historic point of view - it's just rare and raity doesn't equate value or a following.

Been on the red again then ?:rolleyes::devil::eek:

And thank god no-one has tried to bolt arches on it, seen it before where arches have been bolted on over the back doors so they don't even open any more.

4714160524_9972d6c2ac_b.jpg

Done properly the can look good and still be functional.:thumbs:

Have a look at this example...apologies I could not "post" pics

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...ved=0CEIQrQMwDGoVChMIoISf-s6ayQIVSu5yCh3Nwg9X

Yeah I'd never get a 4 door -

I thought you were interested in the Ebay item hence all the questions about restoration and costs etc:confused:

While I'm not that fussed either way over rear flares on the 2 door version, it think it looks odd on a 4 door - it's a good looking car on its own without needing to be modded!

That's just my tastes though, it's not for everyone I suppose :)

Prefer un-flared look on 4 door myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.G

Club Member
That colour does look good. I'd also like to know what it is.

Hopefully someone on here will purchase it and we can track the restoration in a thread. It does look like it may be a bit of work judging by the surface rust on the inner wings in the engine bay, and that's what you can see....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That gold car looks amazing, if I was selling the black car I'd link it to the advert.