350Z Gran Turismo 4 ltd edition.....

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Received an invite today, to order the new 350Z 'Gran Turismo 4' limited edition (only 176) !....Available only in Kuro black or Ultra yellow, with 'unique' 18" cast aluminium wheels.
Apparently, along with the new colour and alloys, you also get a more powerful engine, with 300PS..... 20 up on the standard car!
Inside the package was a yellow and black chequered flag with the Z logo in one corner too!

9676-100121-2.jpg

9676-100121-1.jpg

I think this same model is known as the 35th Anniversary model in the US?
Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
This is the car that Mr F and I saw at the Autosport show last week. It looks ok in yellow.See 'Nismo 350' article.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
There will be 100 black ones and 76 yellow ones for the uk, according to the press reports....

"Nissan is to launch a limited run of its 350Z coupe in association with Sony PlayStation's Gran Turismo 4. Just 176 of the 300PS upgraded cars will be available with preordering commencing 1 February at 3:50pm.

The 3.5-litre V6 motor has revised pistons and camshaft as well as electronic exhaust valve timing control to obtain the extra horse power. Producing an additional 20PS over standard models, the 300PS is delivered 200rpm higher - at 6400 rpm. Electronically restricted to a top speed of 155 mph but 0-62mph comes up in 5.8 seconds.

A new design 18" five-spoke alloy wheel is also exlusive to the GT4 350Z. Ultra Yellow paint also makes its debut on 76 of the UK?s allocation of GT4s. This special paint uses a high-luminance, high-chroma pearl pigment along with three layers of top coat to give a surface that lis very deep and liquid like. The remaining 100 will be painted in stark Kuro Black.

The interior has the 350Z GT Pack with two black leathered, electrically adjustable and heated seats as well as a 240 watt BOSE tuned stereo and 6 CD in-dash changer. Each UK supplied GT4 will be unniquely numbered, with a mounted plaque. A gift box from Nissan will be in the boot containing a Sony PS2 and GT4 game.

The 350Z Gran Turismo 4 is priced at £29,500 - £1000 more than the 350Z GT Pack with RAYS alloys. And like the two other models in the 350Z range, a NISMO bodykit designed with Gran Turismo developers Polyphony Digital can be added for £2495.

Gran Turismo 4 is Sony?s second full GT game for PS2 and gets its Europe-wide launch towards the end of February".

Cheerz,
JEZ

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
I got my Z chequered flag and invite.
I have to say I rather like the yellow.
I may be completing on the sale of my house close to the 1st - could be dangerous:)

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Yep - got the pack too - and I agree with Suzy - it's quite tasty in yellow, I think.

Not as tasty as gunmetal grey, though, obviously!! :p :350Z:

I like the pack, one of a series they've sent, I've kept 'em (sad man).

I must say that chequered hanky looks like it might come in handy, next time I've got the lurgy!! :D

CheerZ,
JB.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
looks a wicked car in yellow n tinted glass... better than the other paints....lol.....(ducks).....mmmmm 260 2+2 in yellow ...tinted glass n big bling wheels:rolleyes:

Mr.F

Inactive
The yellow is excellent in the flesh with a nice pearl/flake in it. I'm told that the new black is not the same as the old black either, but the nice Nissan lady at the Autosport Show display had not been provided with any paint samples to show us...(or much detailed knowledge outside the press pack either).

Mr.F

Inactive
The new black is a black that is newer and better than the old black. Old black is so last year...

The new black is still on the dark side, but probably not as "black" as the old black. So, black is back...:350Za2:

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
So, what we're saying is: Kuro Black isn't actually Kuro Black any more?

I'm a tad confused (it doesn't take much) :eek:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
john-boy said:
So, what we're saying is: Kuro Black isn't actually Kuro Black any more?

I'm a tad confused (it doesn't take much) :eek:
na mate, ya missing the point, in the dark its REALLY black but in the light its slightly lighter!

Mr.F

Inactive
Kuro Black is still Kuro Black, but the GT4 Black is apparently different to go along with the limited edition nature of this version. This is Nissan hearsay evidence as they were unable to supply a sample to show how different (or desirable, or otherwise) it actually is.

Russ

Club Member
So Kuro black is really black, and GT4 black is just black, but Kuro black is THE black, so Kuro black isn't really as black afterall...?

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Now, I understand, thanks.

Jez, thanks for that link - great piccies, shame there isn't an obvious way to steal them for desktop background.

You're right, the opening shot's great, and doesn't the Z32 look good - I assume that's a 99 spec one with a few additions.

BTW, you've gotta love those limited edition alloys, better than the Rays IMO. Although, they're not as nice as the Racing Hart's I've got in my loft to go on, as soon as I can afford the tyres!! :)

CheerZ,
JB.

Mr.F

Inactive
GT4 black is just black
No - the point is that the Ltd Ed GT4 Black is something other than "just" black. Kuro is just black, i.e. no pearl, flake, mirror or other particulate or active content. I'd speculate that GT4 black has some or all of those contents, but yet to be seen in the flesh.

Russ

Club Member
Thanks for the link, thats a wicked picture with the cars together, don't they look great! Why is the 280 facing away though?? :rolleyes:

I have attached the pic, I'll steal the rest of the gallery when I work out what res the images originated in.

The GT4 looks awesome though.

Attachments

• allzs.jpg
    allzs.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 25

Mr.F

Inactive
Ltd Ed GT4 Black is something other than "just" black.
Despite the best information from Nissan's representative at the Autosport Show, I'm now lead to believe that GT4 black IS "just" the same old Kuro being trotted out again - not very "limited edition" really when compared to the yellow. I do hope I'm wrong...:unsure: