One Former Keeper

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
And just to reinforce Alan's point about the front cross member here is a picture of my new front rad support panel installed during its restoration last year.

attachment.php

It has the extra extension brackets talked about and also the spot welded tabs on the LHS for the Z432 air cleaner assembly.

Mike B

Attachments

• IMGP0032 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP0032 (Medium).JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 187

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
And just to reinforce Alan's point about the front cross member here is a picture of my new front rad support panel installed during its restoration last year.

It has the extra extension brackets talked about and also the spot welded tabs on the LHS for the Z432 air cleaner assembly.

Mike B

EXCELLENT photo, Mike. Thank you.

Overnight I was kindly sent another reference photo by my good friend Chris W, which shows the same NOS panel from underneath:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The car in question was listed 'withdrawn' from today's Baron's auction, but it's still present on their ebay classified ad.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
My question about the potential strengthening plates and sump guard mounts would be if the car was a sprint or race car why would they even be fitted when the intended sport requires lightness?

Or am I grasping at straws ?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
My question about the potential strengthening plates and sump guard mounts would be if the car was a sprint or race car why would they even be fitted when the intended sport requires lightness?

Or am I grasping at straws ?

I think the question of "sump guard mounts" was put firmly to bed by proving that the brackets in question are simply part of the E4201 type lower rad support crossmember all the E4201s are like that), which shows that it has been replaced at some time in the car's life. They are not sump guard mounts at all.

The most logical explanation is that the replacement of the lower rad support member and any repairs to the main chassis rails (suggested by the remarks that they were bigger than stock) were part of crash and/or rust damage repairs early in the car's life. Which would not be surprising on a UK market car of this age, let alone one that has been used for sprinting.

I can only imagine that the people connected to the car didn't actually know what they were looking at. Maybe they still don't...?

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
A couple of photo's just to dispel the fantasy of diy or over-plating of chassis.
These were deliberately left in unrestored state - factory spot-welds easily discernible
Loving the diatribe from someone who professed to have no knowledge of the car and has never seen it but whatever floats your boat.
Haters gotta hate

4c16ee2675be5c9c46788a3d810081ec.jpg
22971527e87819e70897aec995839c99.jpg
80cc593e95f0ba15f4f0a32f61d272b4.jpg
34c5ec1aabaae322b25f94302973d596.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
A couple of photo's just to dispel the fantasy of diy or over-plating of chassis.

I'm sorry but if there's any "fantasy" going on here it's entirely in the minds of yourself and the people around the car. As has been shown...

jaydeescuba said:
These were deliberately left in unrestored state - factory spot-welds easily discernible

You're showing close-up photos of sections of chassis rail and compression rod brackets that appear to be to stock, factory specification. Where are the modifications you are talking about? I don't see anything remarkably special in the above photos.

Once again I'm left wondering just how many factory stock examples of these cars you've looked at in detail? You seem to be looking at things on this cars and almost willing them to be 'special'. It's a little bizarre.

jaydeescuba said:
Loving the diatribe from someone who professed to have no knowledge of the car and has never seen it but whatever floats your boat.
Haters gotta hate

I'm amazed you are continuing with your lofty claims for this car considering that it's been possible to dismantle a lot of it without even having seen the car in the metal.

Come on, this is level 1 stuff. Seriously, just what was all that "C.A. number" / "Competition Accessory" nonsense you and the others came up with? You didn't even recognise a stock, factory replacement part - with its factory ink stamp part number still visible - or realise that it indicated the part in question was more likely to have been on the car as part of a crash repair (which is perfectly fine, by the way...) than any attempt to improve the car for 'competition' use.

You're welcome to label me as a "hater" if you truly think that's appropriate. Personally, I don't think it is (well I would say that, wouldn't I?). All I'm interested in is the truth being told about these cars.

Alan, I think you're talking to someone who doesn't want to listen. Imagine if we were all like that..... I'd have a 1973 car wearing a 300ish chassis number.

There use to be a saying that you can't argue with stupid as they beat you with experience. I don't think he's stupid, just ignorant to the truth.

datsfun

Club Member
I ampatiently waiting for Jaydeescuba to give us some definitive evidence and insight to the CA- competition accessory works parts. :confused::driving:

so is my Japanese friend who was a service mechanic for the works Nissan Team in the 70's and 80's and toured the world with the Nissan rally team.;)