My 260Z Rebuild

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
I didn't look it up as I didn't know what the vehicle specs were , nor did I know what was in them.... but invoked thought.... that was the idea ;)

Just had a quick nose at the Nissan Brochure. MAM is in fact 6000 kg unless I have the wrong vehicle.

so, if you say that the transit weighed 3100, plus the kirb weight of 1807 for the lightest NP 300 and providing there is nothing else in it , plus the weight of the trailer at 780.

On top of this kerb weights do not include a full tank of fuel in either vehicle or what is in them or any people. You may be closer than you think.

;)

s2k_adz

Club Member
Just had a quick nose at the Nissan Brochure. MAM is in fact 6000 kg unless I have the wrong vehicle.

so, if you say that the transit weighed 3100, plus the kirb weight of 1807 for the lightest NP 300 and providing there is nothing else in it , plus the weight of the trailer at 780.

On top of this kerb weights do not include a full tank of fuel in either vehicle or what is in them or any people. You may be closer than you think.

;)
You're right in regards to the MAM for the Nissan Grolls! I worked it out wrong but on the brochure it is 6000.

However the weight of the transit at 3.1 included the trailer. The empty transit is 2.4 I believe. So 3.1 plus 1.9 for the Navara still only makes 5000kg MAM so well legal still.... luckily, given my miscalculation!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
You're right in regards to the MAM for the Nissan Grolls! I worked it out wrong but on the brochure it is 6000.

However the weight of the transit at 3.1 included the trailer. The empty transit is 2.4 I believe. So 3.1 plus 1.9 for the Navara still only makes 5000kg MAM so well legal still.... luckily, given my miscalculation!

Its an easy and very common mistake to make. Many also tend to forget people and fuel. If yours is a four seater you could easily add 500kg plus to the package or more if you was picking up Burnsie :D

s2k_adz

Club Member
Its an easy and very common mistake to make. Many also tend to forget people and fuel. If yours is a four seater you could easily add 500kg plus to the package or more if you was picking up Burnsie :D

:D You might have just got yourself banned there mate :D :D :D

s2k_adz

Club Member
Well, some colour has happened!

e11479fdad4651e3554571c0ecd25977.jpg

a3a9b9c5a43ac47782e41cd10eb305d6.jpg

95d2dc08119f2e83989322d2994c0edd.jpg

s2k_adz

Club Member
The primer has come out well, when's the 'colour' going on? ;)

:D

Cheers guys! Its such an odd colour to photograph! In some lights it looks yellowy! I didnt want yellow arches as I can't stand seeing colour through the wheels!

PH000505_zpsqojn3quf.jpg

PH000502_zpsxz25nl1b.jpg

PH000503_zpsltfq31r8.jpg

PH000500_zpsklhantsz.jpg

Ive also bought some goodies for it! I went for custom spring rates of 4 and 4 instead of 4/5 that they normally come in as I want the ride to be really smooth, Im not going to be flinging this thing around tracks!

20160621_185948_zpsf4d3wapf.jpg

20160621_185840_zpsgksli2tu.jpg

Also have a Safety Devices half cage on order

Last edited by a moderator:

s2k_adz

Club Member
Really pleased! It's getting very expensive though! Didn't help the restoration company who did the paint had to VAT register half way through the process so half of the cost had VAT added :(

s2k_adz

Club Member
Looks great Ad !!

good colour choice, what wheels are you gonna run ?
Cheers Ga! I'm determined to get some Watanabes.... although with recent events they've just dissappeared even more out of affordability!!

s2k_adz

Club Member
how come you've gone for more normal spring rates but not using the rubber isolators on your shocks? Surely that'll cause more NVH?
Hey Franky, not sure what you mean? In regards to the top mounts? The BCs literally come how they did in the photo. I did think about possibly mounting them to the body through a thick rubber matting of some kind, but I don't think it will be too bad. I've run coilovers like this on several types of cars now with no real increase in noise or vibration... just stiffness.

Hey Franky, not sure what you mean? In regards to the top mounts? The BCs literally come how they did in the photo. I did think about possibly mounting them to the body through a thick rubber matting of some kind, but I don't think it will be too bad. I've run coilovers like this on several types of cars now with no real increase in noise or vibration... just stiffness.

It'd be good if you had an option to use the original rubber shock isolators with the BC setup.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I like to look back through these renovation Threads. I've just done than and especially the pics on page 2.

What a transformation! :thumbs: