Newbie from Ireland with his 260z

andrew muir

Club Member
I usually to motorsports website and then contact Mike to get stuff, but I may be missing out on some other nice parts.
Mike you could advertise new stuff availiable or just arrived in stock!
cheers
Andrew

We sell too many varied parts to keep them all on the web site or to maintain an accurate catalogue. Always worth a call to check what we have - if it is available,then we can probably get it for you.
Over 25 years in the business...

01277 374201

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
Few more pictures of the car as it looks right now...
We are almost at the stage 1 finish line. Tommorow they will paint the fender flares, cut the arches and install everything as it supposed to be. There is still problem with alternator. I bought new one and Datsun fryed the new one the same es he did with the old one. There is some problem with the wires but we still don't know what exactly. Any ideas ? I am thinking about leaving the back without the bumper because I like this raw look... I am suprisingly happy with the suspention hight. I tought it would look bad with bigger wheels, but it looks quite OK for me. I am still looking for a front bumper and air dam if anyone have for sale. I am now thinking about Hilux brake swap. Does anyone have some information about bigger brake setup swap. What parts do I need etc ?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
These cars look so good in orange!

If your car is frying alternators then I would suspect the voltage regulator, unless yours has been converted to accept an internally regulated alternator?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
If your car has been converted to accept an internally regulated alternator then fitting a standard 260z one would be a bad idea as it requires a voltage regulator to work correctly. The common thing to do is use a 280zx alternator as it's internally regulated and bolts on without modification.

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
I bought alternator from 280zx, and the car fryed that. I have one more but I don't want to put it before I find out what is the problem...

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I would check the wiring that was done to remove the voltage regulator, maybe there is something incorrectly hooked up somewhere.

Mr.F

Inactive
Fitting the 280ZX alternator requires removal of the original 260Z external voltage regulator and adding a diode to the system across the regulator plug.
Available as a pre-made part from our USA suppliers.

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
Almost all the problems solved. Now car needs good service. Can You advice me what engine oil would be the best for 280zx l28 engine on triple carbs, and how many litres do I need ? I would like to change oils in differential and gearbox because the car was not driven for a few years, so please advice me what oils I would need, and what else should be serviced before every day use ?
Thanks for all Your help...

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
The car is almost finished, few things in interior needs to be done, and now I have to find new bal joint so if someone know where to buy it please let me know.
I went today to the garage for oils and filter change. Mechanic told me when he was changing gearbox oil that there was only around 50ml of the old oil inside, and I was lucky that everything is OK.
I'm sending two short movies from today, when I was on wy way to the garege ;)
1974 Datsun 260z on the way to the garage... - YouTube
Datsun 260z in Dublin - YouTube

irishzed

Forum User
hey kamyk...nice to see another irish lad on here..im down south in ballyhoura country...trying to restore a 2 seater...your 2+2 is looking sweeeeeet...must admit, im liking the orange.. (the original colour of mine)..

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
Thanks, I am starting to like orange as well, because 2 months ago I didn't like it at all. Now is one of the best colours for black wider arches and those wheels :)