No Posts emm is it out of service

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I know that I am not posting much on here but just wondering if the post box has been closed for some reason :confused:

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I know that I am not posting much on here but just wondering if the post box has been closed for some reason :confused:

Well its 10 years since the forum went "live".
I certainly havent noticed any "Happy birthday" type posts. In fact like you the one thing I have noticed is the lack of posts.

Now i dont want to be seen as a doom n gloom merchant but IMO with the decline in paid membership and the reduced forum traffic we are in grave danger of not having a "critical mass" of active(ie posting on forum regularly) members.
Some will no doubt say that its just a quiet time of year. I hope they are right:unsure:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Folks don't panic. The club was very healthy when we didn't have the internet.

20 people chatting and often insulting each other isn't necessarily the only thing that matters.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Folks don't panic. The club was very healthy when we didn't have the internet.

I wasnt panicing;)

However in the interests of some relevant discussion can you confirm how may "paid up" members we currently have?
And although it was pre your time as membership seccy do you know how many paid up members we had when the forum went "live" in Jan 2002.??

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Some feedback in relation to this would also be good.

If the Members List could include a sortable column showing recent activity, it would help in assessing usage.

Good point and maybe it is easily doable on vb4 when it is upgraded by us from vb3.7.3 which is the version it is on at the moment as soon as we get a couple more replies from people and find one that meets our needs

VB4 has a lot of features and even if it takes some customization, the reports people have requested are possible, so long as you know how ;)

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
It's not a quiet time of year for me in the sense that I am still paying for effing Santa.
But that does translate to less time on the forum...................

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
300 paid-up members.

IMO if we didn't have the internet and Website Member we would have more.

If you are going to compare numbers pre Forum you are going to shoot yourself in the foot.

M

madmarco

Strange thread and strange comments. If there's something on your mind why not just say it? Let's try to stay positive and good things will happen.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
300 paid-up members.

If you are going to compare numbers pre Forum you are going to shoot yourself in the foot.

Curious? when I was active, all of the committee reports indicated that the membership was declining year on year.....are you saying thats not the case.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
300 paid-up members.

Well the only data I can find is from 2000 when we had 640 members.

BANG!!!
OUCH!!!:eek:
My foot hurts:D

Rob Gaskin

Rob if we didnt have the internet we wouldnt have a club..........
Cos we would have no means of communicating with each other.