Phil Hyett and BBQ Event 5th June

Mr.F

Inactive
It is with great sorrow that I have to inform you that Phil Hyett, who was organising the BBQ event at his home next month, has died this morning. A huge an unexpected shock - Phil has been a personal friend for many years and has been a Club member right from the early days of Eddy Miller back in the Seventies.

He has campaigned the 240Z throughout and, in particular, is known for his regular attendance (and success) in the Brighton Speed Trials and participation in Classic Car Shows in the South.

Obviously, the potentially hugely successful BBQ meeting at his home in Surrey scheduled for 5th June will be cancelled. If you know anyone who was planning attendance who may not read this, then please let them know.

My condolences to Elaine, his partner, and all the family in these tragic times.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Wow, what a shock. I never met him but spoke to him recently when I bought something off him. He mentioned his friendship with you Mike.

A great loss to the Z scene and of course his family.

Dale

Club Member
That really is sad news. I also never met him, or have ever spoken to him, but the excitement and pleasure he was getting from his planned BBQ event was clear to see. Yes, what a shock.

My deepest condolences...

JK240

Club Member
How very sad, I too never met Phil, but he offerd me advice here several times and came across as a lovely chap.

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
Very sorry to hear this. Only ever met him by email and was looking foward to meeting him. Condolences to club members who have clearly known him a long time.

Charlie Boy

Well-Known Forum User
My condolences to his family and everyone who knew him!
I to had never met Phil but had a PM from him early yesterday morning regarding his BBQ and I was really looking forward to meeting him! I am sure where ever he is he’s driving a 240Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Truly dreadful news to anyone who knew or who had spoken to him, I'm shocked

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
That is very sad.

I met Phil on a couple of occasions, once to buy an old scrapper of him and later at one of his speed trials - a very nice bloke he was.

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
A truly beautiful guy, met him a few times and am gonna miss hell out him :( Deepest condolences to Elaine and the family . Reid & Hattie

Mr.G

Club Member
Shocking, condolences to all his loved ones.

Once the dust has settled I think we should organise a BBQ in his honour.

AndyMinto

Inactive
Sylvia & I are shocked and offer our condolences to his family. Phil was, obviously, so looking forward to the meeting (as was evidenced by the thread). We never met him but we feel we wish we had.

ray100

Well-Known Forum User
Sincere condolences to his family.Phil always came across as a genuine enthusiast and a very nice chap.

M

madmarco

Cant believe this, was really looking forward to meeting Phil and enjoying his beautiful home.
Just goes to show life is short and you need to make the most of it. From what I knew about Phil he had a very meaningful life and enjoyed it to the fullest.
Is there anything we could do to honor his contribution to the club? A big turnout for his memorial or an event in his honor might help his friends and family realize the impact he had on all of us.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear that, and best wishes to his family, I liked reading his write ups of the Speed trials in the Zclub mag a few years ago. Will be sadly missed.

Nidge74

New Forum User
Absolutely shocking news, he will be missed by many. Condolences to all

Is there anything we could do to honor his contribution to the club? A big turnout for his memorial or an event in his honor might help his friends and family realize the impact he had on all of us.

I concur.

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
saddned and shocked to hear this news,it was only about week and half ago phil emailed me saying if i ever needed help just to contact him.
big loss for z world..condolances to his family