Rear hatch outer rubber...

jakone

Well-Known Forum User
My 1974 260Z doesn't have any of these-I've a feeling it should...:D
It also stinks-I've a feeling it shouldn't...;)

Have had a looksie-where can I get a set?

Ta!

Mr.F

Inactive
Normally have these in stock, but last delivery they were not available. Call me in about three weeks to see if stock has materialised...

farstar

Well-Known Forum User
I think I've got a new one spare mate. You are referring to the hatch seal and not the window rubbers?

jakone

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks mate- it's these bits below-the upper seal not the lower one if that makes sense....
Do you have any of those? They're in three parts- Upper left/right and upper top.
If it's the large one piece hatch rubber you have going to have a look at mine tomorrow and see how bad it is...the fumes the fumes!!!:smoke:

hatch seal 1.jpg

hatch seal 2.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I think the received wisdom is that its the inner one failing that lets the exhaust smell in...

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
also if the hatch seal looks ok check the light seals and the rubber bungs in and around the floor

docooney

Club Member
upper seal

Hi

I just had a look at my 240z and I am also missing the upper lower rubber seal, does anyone have one?

Regards,

Dom

P.s. is there meant to be a upper seal on the hatch door?

Mr Ex

Inactive
Hi

I just had a look at my 240z and I am also missing the upper lower rubber seal, does anyone have one?

Regards,

Dom

P.s. is there meant to be a upper seal on the hatch door?

Yes, a thin one that goes up the side & across the top.

TheBack1.jpg

jakone

Well-Known Forum User
Hmmmm-had a good look around the rear today-I'm also missing the rubber bungs in the tailgate itself-anyone point me in the right direction for these?

Much obliged!

jakone

Well-Known Forum User
okay-found bungs...

Last question (errrrr...right)

What do I need to attach the window rubber to the bodywork? Is there a particular adhesive that's recommended?

Cheers....

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Yep Dellortos they where set up by Dave Jarman, lovely job :lol:sorry that just one of Dave's sayings, it runs like a dream.

Mr.F

Inactive
Normally have plenty of repro tailgate bungs in stock, but currently down to the last one! Cheaper than £10 a pair BTW.

Weatherstrip adhesive is a black contact product - apply to both surfaces, allow to dry and then assemble. Also normally a stock item, but the last one went out last week. Back in a few weeks!

:unsure: