Nissan 300zx Convertible

nIx

Forum User
Hi,
I've got a 1990 300zx Auto Twin Turbo.. gorgeous beast, love it etc.
I'm looking to get another ZX, ideally I'd like a manual 300zx TT convertible, but they seem to be incredibly rare beasts.. how much should I expect to pay, where do I look, and are they manual/power roof, any known bugs not normally suffered by the ZX.. and how different is the handling?

Cheers

nix

Mr.F

Inactive
As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as an OEM twin turbo convertible. All were produced in normally aspirated form. They exist only as conversions performed after the car was built by Nissan. I can only think of one in the U.K. that I have seen - any more?

AndyP

Forum User
There's a blue one that I think was built by SE Nissan. There's also a guy called Mark who is in the process of converting a Jap import NA convertible to TT right now.

Even normal convertibles are pretty rare in the UK, I've onlyu heard of a few.

There was a US company that did some conversions, details here :-
http://www.angelfire.com/ga/300zx/images/straman.html

MarkH

Well-Known Forum User
Hello Mate,

Andy you talking about me again, I've got a convertible that should be TT'd in about 4-6 months. OE they were only produced in NA form, Magnum Motors had one for sale at 14k, which I think was sold, there was another at J Dean in NW London, it is an auto which was about 14K again. The cheapest they are in japan is about 8500, which after you stick on all the duties and profit come out at a lot more. I think I might know of one that could be for sale send me a message and I'll see what I can do to persuade the guy to sell it. Of course these are all NA cars!

Mark