samuri rally cars
F

samuri rally cars

A photo of my brother in his Z and me stood talking to him with my Datsun Violet behind, it was on salisbury plain in the early 80s.
The guy to the left is Barry Hudson, spikes engineer he came on all our events to keep the show on the road.
We also ran a Cherry in the one litre class also breathed on by spike, Good old days
Hi, can you share some more information on the violet? Was this running a modified L16 ? or a larger capacity L series? Any more pictures or information on the car? I assume its dead now :-(

I grew up watching the Violets battle it out on the Safari in Kenya so have developed a keen interest in them ever since. In full works trim with the bubble arches, they look awesome.

cheers

Hi
It was an L16 engine running on twin 45 webers and had a 145bhpat the flywheel, sorry I can't remember much about the specs, the engine came originally from Andy Dawson and got delivered to samuri at silverstone,
I eventually picked it up from there along with a new set of works gas shock absorbers, along with a Z lsd, Barry Hudson told me it was the race one and was only a loan, so I'm guessing it was out of Sam.
And yes the car is dead now,the carbs and manifold are inmy brothers garage next to his rally Z And his safari replica pa 10 violet

Hi

If you have any more pictures of the 710 violet, please do share and, yes I am not surprised that its dead now :-(

Is this your brother's safari replica PA10 by any chance?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27366531@N03/7577724304/

cheers

Yes thats his, he hit a tree HARD while on the sunseeker rally in it in 2008, with danny morgan co-driving (another Z pilot and win percys manager) sat along .
We repaired it less a few stickers back to as in the photo, two months later just after his sons wedding he had a massive stroke and his rallying days were over, since then he lets our car club have it fer displays and his son has used it on autotests, put in Valentines slalom on you tube, since then and with one good arm he's built a Z

I have access to excellent copies of the genuine works style rally PA10 arches if these are of interest.

cheers

Media information

Category
Competition cars
Added by
forest racer
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media