Click here to advertise with the ZClub

Old 08-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Sorry, I meant to say LHD.

So that is you and I who note that the car in the photos is in fact a RHD.....do we also agree that it isn't a Datsun nor a 240Z ?
You're nitpicking, I never said what the car in the pic was, just what the exhaust would fit.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
I never said what the car in the pic was, just what the exhaust would fit.
No, YOU didn't....but the 'experts' did :

"Whilst at Fujitsubo HQ we managed to get up close with a seriously cool Datsun 240Z. Restored around 10 years ago the condition was stunning both on top and underneath. Currently the test car for Fujitsubo’s latest incarnation we were lucky enough to see the fitted system in all its glory. "

"Manufactured from high quality stainless steel, titanium and touches of carbon a huge range of systems are available from 70’s performance icons such as the Datsun 240Z...."

From experience, I've found several fitting-point differences between models and years, some 280Zs have had to modify the pipes to fit and of course they completely ignore the 2+2 owners.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Old 15-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
From experience, I've found several fitting-point differences between models and years, some 280Zs have had to modify the pipes to fit and of course they completely ignore the 2+2 owners.
So, how's your "experience" been getting on in the last couple of days? Have you taken on board the fact that Fujitsubo do not list their products as fitting "280Zs", have you taken on board the fact that the problem is with R200 diffs (as Fujitsubo do not list a system which is designed to work with cars so-equipped) and have you taken on board the fact that Fujitsubo do not "completely ignore" 2+2 (2/2) owners, as they clearly list a system to fit the GS30?

Whoops a daisy, eh?
Old 15-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post
So, how's your "experience" been getting on in the last couple of days? Have you taken on board the fact that Fujitsubo do not list their products as fitting "280Zs", have you taken on board the fact that the problem is with R200 diffs (as Fujitsubo do not list a system which is designed to work with cars so-equipped) and have you taken on board the fact that Fujitsubo do not "completely ignore" 2+2 (2/2) owners, as they clearly list a system to fit the GS30?
Yep - all that thanks and I enjoyed the photo of the 2x Us in the rear suspension arms.

But you've ignored yet another occidental retailer listing said products for non-JDM cars - ducky.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 30-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
I note that the USA distributor had added this in their product description so perhaps our exchange has ad a positive effect for future buyers :

R200 Note: Any car that has an R200 diff installed 240z 260Z or 280Z may require further alterations to clear the R200 diff. We have successfully fit every Fujitsubo exhaust on all 240Z or 280Z cars with an R200 diff installed. Bending of the exhaust, bending of the hangers, cutting/shaving of the left rear corner of the diff case may be needed to gain proper clearance.

I hope for any buyer's sake that any advantage of the new system giving higher clearance won't be negated by the mods necessary to pass around/under the R200 diff.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.