No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds > Parts and Other Items Wanted

Old 30-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1093
240Z Carb Heat Shield Manifold

As above I'm looking for the heat shield that is meant to sit below the stock carburetors and has the throttle return springs mounted onto it. Show me what you've got?

Out of curiosity did these change depending on the year? as I've seen different versions/shapes from my searches.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 30-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Website member
Fifth gear

Hi Mark I have atleast 1 but that will have to go with the carbs & filter box when I sell them. If I find another whilst in the loft I'll let you know.
As for differences I know the 260 one is a different shape & larger than the 240 one.
Old 30-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
http://www.ztherapy.com/

Click on Z car and scroll down.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Old 31-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuri-240 View Post
Hi Mark I have at least 1 but that will have to go with the carbs & filter box when I sell them. If I find another whilst in the loft I'll let you know.
As for differences I know the 260 one is a different shape & larger than the 240 one.
Thanks for sharing that's understandable. If you find anything then that would be much appreciated. Cheers for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
http://www.ztherapy.com/

Click on Z car and scroll down.
Thanks Sean, that's really helpful, given my car was manufactured in September 1970 it looks like I'm after the one as pictured below according to Ztherapy.

If anyone has one of those going spare that they'd be willing to part with then that would be much appreciated.
Old 31-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Had a bit of a root around in the garages this afternoon, and found this:

It's solid, not rusty or bent and with a bit of elbow work and a lick of paint it should do the trick.

If you give me an address, I'll post it to you early next week.
Old 31-03-2017, 05:43 PM
1978 260z in yellow
Third gear

Member 1049
thats an early one without the cutout for the breather hose.
would be a shame to have to cut holes in it
Old 31-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
thats an early one without the cutout for the breather hose.
would be a shame to have to cut holes in it
There are another couple in the garages, of the slightly later style. One of those might be more appropriate.

I think the remains of all that air pump gubbins ought to come off the engine, myself.
Old 31-03-2017, 07:00 PM
1978 260z in yellow
Third gear

Member 1049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post

I think the remains of all that air pump gubbins ought to come off the engine, myself.
oh yeah its for the hot air riser off the exhaust wasnt it, i had forgotten about that.
i was confusing it with the crank case breather but thats eleswhere.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Another root around in the dark corners of the garages today has netted this:

...which may be more suitable. As before not bent, not rusty and perfectly serviceable. A bit of elbow grease and a few coats of silver zinc spray would bring it up nicely. Even found a pair of the correct throttle return springs to go with it.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Website member
Fifth gear

Alan what other rarities lurk in those garages I wonder?
Old 02-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsfun View Post
Alan what other rarities lurk in those garages I wonder?
Well, there's a *mystery item* of yours sitting - still wrapped up - in a corner for a start. Hasn't moved since it arrived from NZ several years ago...

Rarities? Possibly one of the rarer pieces is not automotive at all, but has a neat connection to our cars by way of the manufacturer. It's a 1940s magnesium aircraft wheel from a Japanese warbird that took part in the Pacific War, manufactured by Kobe Seiko. Quite possibly from a Nakajima Ki-43 'Hayabusa', which - some will know - is also a kind of distant ancestor to our cars in that Nakajima Hikoki was absorbed into the conglomerate which itself eventually morphed into Prince Motors. Prince was merged with Nissan in 1966, whilst Kobe Seiko continued on to become bigger and more diverse, but still made magnesium wheels for Nissan's race and rally activities until the mid Seventies...

Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1093
Quote:
Had a bit of a root around in the garages this afternoon, and found this:

It's solid, not rusty or bent and with a bit of elbow work and a lick of paint it should do the trick.

Quote:
Another root around in the dark corners of the garages today has netted this:

...which may be more suitable. As before not bent, not rusty and perfectly serviceable. A bit of elbow grease and a few coats of silver zinc spray would bring it up nicely. Even found a pair of the correct throttle return springs to go with it.
Firstly apologies for the delayed response, I've just got back from North Wales for the weekend.

Secondly, WOW! Thank you very much for the kind offer and for taking the time to look though your collection

If the offer stands and your willing to part with it then the second one which you found with the cutouts would appears to be correct for the age of our car per the link to Z therapy as provided by Sean, and perfect! especially with the correct throttle return springs as well I'll drop you a PM to sort details but that would be fantastic

I think the first one you posted up is from a 1969-70 car by the looks of things... I'll likely look to get it powder coated to freshen it up and give it some good protection, if not I'll get the spray paint out but it looks in really good condition.

In light of this does anyone know the what size the mounting bolts for these are? as I'll need to pickup 4.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1093
Quote:
Your PM inbox is full so I can't message you, however I've posted on your visitor page if that makes sense? If not PM your email and I'll email you.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody928 View Post
Your PM inbox is full so I can't message you, however I've posted on your visitor page if that makes sense? If not PM your email and I'll email you.
Package sent on its way to you today via Special Delivery. You should have it tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Website member
Fifth gear

[QUOTE=Albrecht;266948]Well, there's a *mystery item* of yours sitting - still wrapped up - in a corner for a start. Hasn't moved since it arrived from NZ several years ago... [\QUOTE]

I will be in touch and shortly arrange collection of the aforementioned# mystery item#, thanks to Mike who ferried it from NZ. I assume the location is still the same or have you moved the storage now to within your manor?

Quote:

Rarities? Possibly one of the rarer pieces is not automotive at all, but has a neat connection to our cars by way of the manufacturer. It's a 1940s magnesium aircraft wheel from a Japanese warbird that took part in the Pacific War, manufactured by Kobe Seiko. Quite possibly from a Nakajima Ki-43 'Hayabusa', which - some will know - is also a kind of distant ancestor to our cars in that Nakajima Hikoki was absorbed into the conglomerate which itself eventually morphed into Prince Motors. Prince was merged with Nissan in 1966, whilst Kobe Seiko continued on to become bigger and more diverse, but still made magnesium wheels for Nissan's race and rally activities until the mid Seventies...

Wow that's super cool and I suppose quite a desirable piece of kit. Possibly also very historically significant given its original use.

Did Kobe Seiko manufacture automotive wheels for Nissan only ?