No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > General > Anything and everything
MJP AUTO

Old 22-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear

Member 214
I like pictures that mean something to me or that show a car doing something or the car looking as if it's been used. So nice shiny pictures of cars standing still don't do it for me, you could get thousands of those off the internet.

This photo was taken during last year's 'Rally of the Tests' and it shows one of the two 240Zs taking part. The pub is a local pub in Eccleshall (near Stone Staffs) and one that my Dad and I have used. Also it is a 'Joules' pub and the original Joules Brewery is where my dad worked for many many years and we used to live 'on the brewery' in a brewery owned house. The Joules name is alive again and operating from a much smaller pub in Market Drayton.

So I love the car, it's on a rally, I like the pub and the brewery has many memories for me. I don't like static shots of clinically clean cars, just like I don't like to see such cars in museums, I like to see cars showing age and use.

The 'Monte' pictures mean so much because that is my old car and I can relate to the work I did on the car e.g. lying underneath it gas welding whilst my lad hit the floor down with a hammer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5191 - Copy.JPG (589.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 240 E.jpg (183.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg produiton2074943-b0e81.jpg (66.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Rob Gaskin; 22-02-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Old 22-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
The only photo which would appeal to all people Rob is the middle one that epitomises the MC Rally although I understand how the pub one would work for you personally.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Old 24-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Great looking car.
I think I'll let Nissan take credit for that one Although I am extremely proud of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
I like pictures that mean something to me or that show a car doing something or the car looking as if it's been used. So nice shiny pictures of cars standing still don't do it for me, you could get thousands of those off the internet.
You do know that the owners have had to drive said nice shiny cars to nice locations to take said photos (note to self must get more obvious dirt indicating use on the car)

Couldn't agree more that I love action shots however for many these are quite difficult to come by with not many having personal photographers to accommodate this feat, or being in a position to enter competitions/events in race/rally spec vehicles (or willing to risk their road cars). Usually a lot of people go for a drive by themselves and take the photos at the destination etc making it a trickier task to get rolling shots.

Massive thumbs up to those that do have the cars and ability to enter events and share them though, I'm very envious of anyone in a position to do so.

Sounds like we should get another thread going now so that people can start sharing and collating their photographs in preparation for ext years. Makes it easier for people to update the thread as they go along, would be good to get a nice mix of all of the generations as well (Would I be threading on anyones toes if I did so?)