No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds discussion
MJP AUTO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 AM
franky franky is online now
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Tbh Franky - you were'nt clear and as two cars had been mentioned there was a 50/50 chance of someone picking it wrongly - Rob duly came along and took the blue pill.

That said Rob, blue is for chilling so.....Franky posed a valid question whether referring to Sams or 240/260.

A LHD 260Z is a good alternative to a 280Z if you want your car to be closer in 'feel' to a 240Z ie not all the cosseting and weight gain.
I can see how wires would become crossed, just not sure how I made reference to my car at all though.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 AM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is online now
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,761
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Rob, can you please explain that please? If we were in the 80s Id suggest a chill pill.

I was talking about auction prices between a 240 samurai and a 260 samurai.

In the uk market a lhd is always worth less.
Frunkois, I think that NEC and Silverstone Auction prices are over-inflated generally speaking. I didn't go this year but Vaughan mentioned that the sale was slow and if you look at the results they've only achieved about a 60% sale rate. I noticed in their facebook feed they only show the big money sales which tend to be for the super low mileage stuff. Did you see what that W reg escort sold for....

It will be interesting to see what the rally car makes later today in Essex...? I think that sale is a more realistic marker for values.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:53 AM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pouzauges 85700 France
Posts: 18,908
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
Frunkois, I think that NEC and Silverstone Auction prices are over-inflated generally speaking..
But it is generally accepted that auction prices are those reflecting the reality....! Perhaps over a 12 month period one sees a trend ?

Franky - your car is worthless - LHD and in bits. Join the club.
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dzart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-11-2017, 11:58 AM
franky franky is online now
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
But it is generally accepted that auction prices are those reflecting the reality....! Perhaps over a 12 month period one sees a trend ?

Franky - your car is worthless - LHD and in bits. Join the club.
Yes, I have a time scale now though, itll be nice to have it in one piece, and worthless.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is online now
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,704
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Rob, can you please explain that please? If we were in the 80s Id suggest a chill pill.

I was talking about auction prices between a 240 samurai and a 260 samurai.

In the uk market a lhd is always worth less.
Franky, I reckon it's you that needs the so called 'chill pill'.

The sale cars were a RHD 240 Samuri and a LHD 260 standard car.

All your comment referred to was 240/260 values which really is out of context with the sale.

I have noticed from previous posts that you tend to suggest early (Series 1) cars are the desirable ones and that condition rather than RHD/LHD is the defining factor with values. This makes me smile because you have such a car.

I was just pointing out (with tongue in cheek) that the 260 was LHD like your car. Face-to-face you would probably have smiled.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is online now
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,704
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
..........It will be interesting to see what the rally car makes later today in Essex...? I think that sale is a more realistic marker for values.
I too will be very interested. If I had the space I would have been prepared to make a bid.

I don't think this car will be a 'marker for values' because it's not your average 240Z. It has to be seen as a one-off competition car that has had a hard life, shows damage repair and has not been on the road for a few years.

It is however a great car to start historic rallying in. So it will need someone who wants to do that and know about the auction for it to fetch it's worth. This sale could go either way and someone may end up with a bargain.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:46 PM
franky franky is online now
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
Franky, I reckon it's you that needs the so called 'chill pill'.

The sale cars were a RHD 240 Samuri and a LHD 260 standard car.

All your comment referred to was 240/260 values which really is out of context with the sale.

I have noticed from previous posts that you tend to suggest early (Series 1) cars are the desirable ones and that condition rather than RHD/LHD is the defining factor with values. This makes me smile because you have such a car.

I was just pointing out (with tongue in cheek) that the 260 was LHD like your car. Face-to-face you would probably have smiled.
Its crossed wires Rob, I was talking about the last 2 samuari auctions, which as pointed out, wasn't very clear.

I'd always buy on condition over lhd or rhd, I'd would have loved to have found an early car in RHD, however given where you need to go and get them, I'm not in a strong enough financial position to afford one.

You are correct, in the past, I have said that the early cars are more desirable than later ones, I believe that all current market data backs me up on this. I just take a global or even just a european view the market.

I'd always smile, I've walrus like skin
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 PM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is online now
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,761
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
I too will be very interested. If I had the space I would have been prepared to make a bid.

I don't think this car will be a 'marker for values' because it's not your average 240Z. It has to be seen as a one-off competition car that has had a hard life, shows damage repair and has not been on the road for a few years.

It is however a great car to start historic rallying in. So it will need someone who wants to do that and know about the auction for it to fetch it's worth. This sale could go either way and someone may end up with a bargain.
I disagree Rob, it could quite easily be turned back into a fast road car and as such I still think it's price will reflect the market better than the NEC does.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is online now
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,704
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
I disagree Rob, it could quite easily be turned back into a fast road car and as such I still think it's price will reflect the market better than the NEC does.
Jonathan, I don't think this car could 'quite easily' be turned back into a fast road car and the body reflects it's hard use and rally history. It wouldn't 'cut the mustard' as a road car IMO, not these days. Anyway it will be interesting.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:36 PM
franky franky is online now
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
I know of another well used but rally car thats done some international stuff, I'd love to buy it to build a tarmac rally car with.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:43 AM.

The Future Is Bright... The Future Is ZClub!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ZClub.net, All Rights Reserved.