No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds discussion
Click here to visit the Opie Oils website

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 13-11-2017, 12:36 PM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,779
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
Thanks Rob, any idea what the Porsche 930 replica made, it's a friend of mines car...?
Well I've just heard 911 replica didn't sell from my friend, he says that around 80% of the cars in he sale didn't sell..! Perhaps this market is a lot tougher than the glamour of the NEC.

He also says the 240 sold in the room to "two mature guys with Swiss rally jackets on"

JK.
__________________
Samuri Gathering VI 2018
Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th May




http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/
  #47  
Old 13-11-2017, 02:34 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pouzauges 85700 France
Posts: 18,946
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
He also says the 240 sold in the room to "two mature guys with Swiss rally jackets on"
Sounds like the continentals don't mind driving on the wrong side to snatch a bargain. Pity the Brits are so stiff in their resolve for RHD and paying a premium into the bargain.

All the better for us over here.
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
  #48  
Old 13-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is online now
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,725
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Sounds like the continentals don't mind driving on the wrong side to snatch a bargain. Pity the Brits are so stiff in their resolve for RHD and paying a premium into the bargain.

All the better for us over here.
Stirrer!

When you complete an insurance application 'over here' one of the questions relates to whether the car is RHD or LHD - why would you think they ask that?

I know to give us a discount if it's LHD - because it's safer.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri

Last edited by Rob Gaskin; 13-11-2017 at 04:06 PM..
  #49  
Old 13-11-2017, 03:49 PM
STEVE BURNS's Avatar
STEVE BURNS STEVE BURNS is offline
I loved my 280ZX
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Greenford, Middlesex
Posts: 10,414
Member 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
Stirrer!
Nah he is not
He was just seeing who he could hook and then check what was going on inside
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whats in this fish I caught.jpg (18.3 KB, 56 views)
__________________
Z Club # 6,
300zx-club.com #16,
300zx.co.uk #96,
350ZUK #151,
350Z-UK #79,
IZCC #2872
  #50  
Old 13-11-2017, 04:31 PM
johnymd's Avatar
johnymd johnymd is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: in denial
Posts: 5,595
Member 514
IMO insurance for a LHD 240z is not expensive. When I recently insured the blue car (£220) I also insured the silver LHD car and that was £89. Not excessive IMO.
__________________
Drives:

'73 240z 1JZ-GTE. Was pretty quick. 11.10@132.5mph
'72 240z RHD (4BOA) Painted and waiting assembly.
'72 240z LHD Silver "Rat look" daily runaround.
'76 280z ExLHD Red v8 Lexus powered restomod.
'74 260z LHD Restomod just started.
'71 240z LHD zg arched. Still in California.

Go to: www.240z.me.uk to checkout the cars.
  #51  
Old 13-11-2017, 04:48 PM
status status is offline
Website member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pledgdon Green
Posts: 3,181
Why buy a lhd car with a little straight six in it when there are lots of lhd V8 s in em,I know wot I would choose if I was in the market,personal choice
  #52  
Old 13-11-2017, 05:46 PM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,779
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Sounds like the continentals don't mind driving on the wrong side to snatch a bargain. Pity the Brits are so stiff in their resolve for RHD and paying a premium into the bargain.

All the better for us over here.
More likely they are in Swiss rally jackets because they are possibly Swiss, but who knows I see loads of idiots in Man united shirts but few of them come from Manchester. However if they are indeeed Swiss then they could be driving in Swiss rallies where there is nothing coming towards them the other way and where drive side is far less relevant than it would be as a road car in regular use on everyday modern roads in modern traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
Stirrer!
They have a phrase in France I believe, something like raison d'être.....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE BURNS View Post
Nah he is not
He was just seeing who he could hook and then check what was going on inside
As always another thread dissolves into a "Cooee Look at me I'm still here" Seanfest. Honestly why do we bother...?
__________________
Samuri Gathering VI 2018
Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th May




http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/
  #53  
Old 13-11-2017, 06:12 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pouzauges 85700 France
Posts: 18,946
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
As always another thread dissolves into a "Cooee Look at me I'm still here" Seanfest. Honestly why do we bother...?
Why are you still here - you haven't got a Z !

Where is this discussion going to go now the car has sold and presumably leaving the country ? Shut it down, close it then.

I believe it IS relevant, when the car bids up from the estimated £15k to nearly double and it 'appears' to have been bought from and be exported abroad, that the obvious detail differentiating you from us is only the placement of the steering wheel.

Not sure how UK insurance goes but here there is no difference whether RH or LH drive and we get a world-wide green-card included free of charge.

In any case - the bottom line is another good car leaves your shores - a shame.
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
  #54  
Old 13-11-2017, 06:29 PM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,779
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Why are you still here - you haven't got a Z !

Where is this discussion going to go now the car has sold and presumably leaving the country ? Shut it down, close it then.

I believe it IS relevant, when the car bids up from the estimated £15k to nearly double and it 'appears' to have been bought from and be exported abroad, that the obvious detail differentiating you from us is only the placement of the steering wheel.

Not sure how UK insurance goes but here there is no difference whether RH or LH drive and we get a world-wide green-card included free of charge.

In any case - the bottom line is another good car leaves your shores - a shame.
Your presumption knows no bounds, I got the Swiss coat info from a friend who didn't speak with the gents wearing them and so neither he nor I and certainly not you know where they are from, nor do we know their intention with the car.

So bottom line is not that the car is leaving the country as no one knows this either without confirmation from the new owner.

Why am I still here? I wonder myself at times....

Thread closed.
__________________
Samuri Gathering VI 2018
Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th May




http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20 AM.

The Future Is Bright... The Future Is ZClub!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © ZClub.net, All Rights Reserved.