No username? Register here.
Old 18-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Website member
First gear

it looks quite reparable from the photo's I've certainly seen a lot worse cars restored nicely, how bad is it underneath? or shouldn't I ask really...
Old 18-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Website member
Sixth gear

Jim, this particular car may be featured in the classic Z register club magazines so if anyone has got any it might be worth looking through them . contact with other club may also be helpful . I think if anyone at this club knew anything you should have heard by now . Calling all, please look through Z related articals and ephemera .Great photo,s Jim......DJZ 60
Old 18-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Website member
Third gear

If anyone has contacts with the Z register would it be relatively easy to obtain details of the car from them?

Or would this be a breach of Data Protection Act etc
Old 18-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Website member
First gear

an RAC vehicle check doesn't pull anything up about it...
Old 18-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Website member
First gear

https://www.rac.co.uk/myrac/vehicle_data_check
Old 18-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Website member
First gear

ummm, its not in Cheshire or N. Wales is it?
Old 20-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Website member
First gear

I have made inquiries about this Samuri car through other Samuri owner's that I am in touch with and just received one tid bit of info from one owner this morning which commented the following,

"Eric
I remember this car very well, the large rear wing created a vortex which used to suck open the sunroof, resulting in the extensively modified roof clamps. The effect on the aerodynamics rendered the car so unsafe that the european courts ordered it put out to grass, or in this case weeds."

I believe my contact may be posting here soon, but I will leave it to him to introduce himself so as to not take liberites on his behalf.

Can anyone put me in touch with Jim McNab, the photographer that took the Samuri photos? I PM'd him 4 days ago and have yet to get a reply.

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM
Old 20-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Jim, look,s like lot,s of people are still after it!.....................
Old 20-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Website member
First gear

ahh, it was in Dorset this one wasn't it... cool, looks like no one else has found the one in N. Wales I've got people sniffing for me on
Old 21-06-2004, 09:05 AM
All killer no filler
Sixth gear

Member 447
This one isn't in Dorset, thats not four hours from me in Somerset
Old 21-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Originally posted by ZPARTS

"Eric
I remember this car very well, the large rear wing created a vortex which used to suck open the sunroof, resulting in the extensively modified roof clamps. The effect on the aerodynamics rendered the car so unsafe that the european courts ordered it put out to grass, or in this case weeds."

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM
The "european courts"?...

Would this be a court of law that happened to be located in Europe, or the actual European Courts ( the courts of justice that govern the EC )? Or do they have a European Court of Cruelty to Z Cars?

Frankly, I'd think it was much more likely that nowhere grander than Trumpton Magistrates Court was involved

One thing is for sure, there's always a lot of BS involved when the "Samuri" brand gets mentioned
Old 21-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

well said, Albrect ! it,s a car Not Slobadan Milosovich! What next? The Hague Or Nuremburg out to get my 260.....?DJZ 60...
Old 25-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Website member
First gear

Hello there. Ive just joined this site. The reason why is that the Car in these pictures EOE 644K, a Samuri, was mine from 1976-1981. I know i sold it to the owner of a Nissan Main Dealership in Solihull. He took it away on a trailer behind a brand new Nissan 4x4. The Samuri was in exceptional condition. He said he was going to get his Workshop to make it concourse, then have it in his showroom as a display car. Some years later, it appeared in "Classic & Sports Cars" for sale. It stated in the advert that the car had stood for years in a showroom. Id love to know where it is now. I got really excited when i saw the pictures of it on this site, although looking sad. Im afraid im the Man responsible for fitting the "tea tray/whale tail" spoiler....like Flares, they looked ok at the time.
Old 25-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Z Club member
Fifth gear

Member 167
Holy thread resurrection Batman! Seriously, hello Partx. Nice to have you here! If I remember rightly that car is/was in a yard in Wigan somewhere. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. The owner wasn't inclined to part with it either despite its continuing deterioration.
Old 25-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Committee Member
Fifth gear

Member 256
Wow, we've had a few old thread resurrections recently! Welcome to the club Partx. I've fixed the photos on the first post so anyone reading this now can see what everyone was talking about.