No username? Register here.
Old 20-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear

Member 214
New Tyres for Christmas

I had a set of Bridgestone RE050 fitted this week - I know that's not exciting news but I always feel good about having new tyres for the winter. Mind you I need all the help I can get if it snows, these cars are useless in snow.

Anyway I've done just over 60k in it and tyre wear is working out to at least 20k fronts 15k rears which just goes to show how steady I am. One thing to watch out for is that the tyres tend to wear on the edges especially the inner edges which can be missed with a quick glance at the tyre.

What amazes me is what little importance people put on their tyres - I was at the 'fitter for a while. All most people wanted was the cheapest round/black things!
Old 24-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Fifth gear

Member 911
It's lovely to see all that meat on the tyre hu?

Being a total tyre snob, I'm with you Rob - I see too many performance, sports and luxury cars with poor quality rubber. That an brakes are the one thing that protect you in an emergency (forget grip, noise etc) and yet people are willing to spend money on their bling, expensive drunken nights out etc instead.

If it's a choice between food or tyres, I could understand it but in the majority of cases it's just lack of understanding.