No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > General > Anything and everything
Click here to advertise with the ZClub

Old 22-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 332
Not exactly mistaken for anything else, more along the lines of.... WTF is it, it's gorgeous!

UK RHD 1976 260z 2+2
standard L28
Old 22-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 1081
A shed

Old 24-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Website member
Fourth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Don't worry, I don't think anyone has ever said such a thing about any rover
Hmmm . . . Just watched the latest Top Gear which featured pop star JayKay. He has well over 50 cars including exotica like Lamborghinis etc, and when asked about his collection the one he chose to mention was his Rover P6!
Old 24-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDLER View Post
Hmmm . . . Just watched the latest Top Gear which featured pop star JayKay. He has well over 50 cars including exotica like Lamborghinis etc, and when asked about his collection the one he chose to mention was his Rover P6!
Tongue firmly in cheek
Old 24-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Website member
Fourth gear

Quote:
Tongue firmly in cheek
Not the way I saw it. He was talking about cars he loved from his past - and the P6 was obviously the first one that came into his mind. I'm loving my Rover - but I loved the Datsun too. I drove it over 32,000 miles in 6 years - probably more than you have done in all the time you have had yours. Don't dismiss other cars so easily until you have owned and driven them. Read any classic car magazine and you will see that both the Datsun AND the P6 are highly regarded classics for different reasons.

Last edited by RIDDLER; 24-04-2017 at 08:37 PM..
Old 24-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
Not the way I saw it. He was talking about cars he loved from his past - and the P6 was obviously the first one that came into his mind. I'm loving my Rover - but I loved the Datsun too. I drove it over 32,000 miles in 6 years - probably more than you have done in all the time you have had yours. Don't dismiss other cars so easily until you have owned and driven them. Read any classic car magazine and you will see that both the Datsun AND the P6 are highly regarded classics for different reasons.
That'd be quite easy as I've only driven mine about 1.5 miles

I don't dismiss other cars at all, quite far from it. I just see the p6 left in a disco at 01:50 when the lights come on, only the largest beer goggles would consider a cuddle.
Old 25-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Website member
Fourth gear

Quote:
That'd be quite easy as I've only driven mine about 1.5 miles

I don't dismiss other cars at all, quite far from it. I just see the p6 left in a disco at 01:50 when the lights come on, only the largest beer goggles would consider a cuddle.
Well each to their own I suppose. But this is a girl I WOULD take home from the disco, even without any beer inside me. What's not to like? Lovely sleek lines and a walloping V8 under the bonnet. Picture taken Sunday - National Drive It Day. Were you out in yours?? Or sitting behind a computer screen sniping at other people's pride and joy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0320.JPG (1.23 MB, 33 views)
Old 25-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
Well each to their own I suppose. But this is a girl I WOULD take home from the disco, even without any beer inside me. What's not to like? Lovely sleek lines and a walloping V8 under the bonnet. Picture taken Sunday - National Drive It Day. Were you out in yours?? Or sitting behind a computer screen sniping at other people's pride and joy?
I'm not sniping. Sorry you take it that way.

As above, I was in my car, however it was in the bare engine bay.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Website member
Fourth gear

Ok that's fine, Franky.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Picture taken Sunday - National Drive It Day. Were you out in yours?? Or sitting behind a computer screen sniping at other people's pride and joy?
I think you'll find you're pretty much wasting your time extolling the virtues of a P6 Rover on a forum dedicated to another marque and model(s) entirely, so not much point getting upset when you get a bit of a negative reaction.

Knowing Jason ('Franky'), he's very likely to have been researching, gathering parts, fettling/restoring componentry and prepping his (early production) car's bodyshell for more work as part of the full - yes FULL - bare 'shell restoration he has chosen to embark on. He's also spinning a few other plates in his life, so I'd advise you against throwing the "were you out in yours?" type comments around to save you from looking a bit silly.

For the record, I wasn't 'out' in any of my cars either, but I may well have been underneath...
Old 25-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 970
Me thinks you are taking the banter a little too personally Rob.
So what if Jason isn't on the same page as you regarding the P6, no big deal.

Would be boring if we all only liked the same cars although I generally like all classics up to about the mid 80s period, just love the nostalgia and remind me of the good old days

As an aside, I always wave to all other classic owners regardless of marque/model. It's not always returned but up your way in Cheshire last weekend I did get one back from a surprised old duffer in an open XK120 whilst I sped by in the 280ZX Turbo. At least I think it was a wave
Old 25-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Website member
Fourth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvega View Post
Me thinks you are taking the banter a little too personally Rob.
So what if Jason isn't on the same page as you regarding the P6, no big deal.

Would be boring if we all only liked the same cars although I generally like all classics up to about the mid 80s period, just love the nostalgia and remind me of the good old days

As an aside, I always wave to all other classic owners regardless of marque/model. It's not always returned but up your way in Cheshire last weekend I did get one back from a surprised old duffer in an open XK120 whilst I sped by in the 280ZX Turbo. At least I think it was a wave
Thanks Chris - enjoyed looking at your collection when we last met. I wasn't taking the comments too personally. I had simply responded to the question about what people had mistaken my Z for (when I owned it) and added that I did not get such 'Bond car' comments about the Rover - and then found the car being ridiculed in a way I felt was unnecessary and unfair which is why I bristled a little. Hope to see you again soon! Let me know when you are next up.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Website member
Fourth gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post
I think you'll find you're pretty much wasting your time extolling the virtues of a P6 Rover on a forum dedicated to another marque and model(s) entirely, so not much point getting upset when you get a bit of a negative reaction.

Knowing Jason ('Franky'), he's very likely to have been researching, gathering parts, fettling/restoring componentry and prepping his (early production) car's bodyshell for more work as part of the full - yes FULL - bare 'shell restoration he has chosen to embark on. He's also spinning a few other plates in his life, so I'd advise you against throwing the "were you out in yours?" type comments around to save you from looking a bit silly.

For the record, I wasn't 'out' in any of my cars either, but I may well have been underneath...
Albrecht - you are obviously confusing me with someone who gives a toss what you think.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Website member
Sixth gear

Quote:
Albrecht - you are obviously confusing me with someone who gives a toss what you think.
As so often seems to be the case, you miss the point completely...

I'm defending Jason ('Franky') in the hope that you won't misjudge him. Clearly it's what you think that's the key point here, not what I think.
Old 25-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1010
A few years ago now when the 300zx was sitting in the garage with the garage door open a salesman came up to the house and had seen the Z badge on the front nose panel and said to me "I see you have a Zonda"