No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > General > Anything and everything
Click here to visit the Opie Oils website

Old 25-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 1115
Alright gents - put the rulers away, it doesn't matter who has the biggest or the best - let's just bring this back on topic, I'm sure the OP doesn't want the thread to go that way.

Riddler - lovely P6, when I'm over your way in the Z I might let you know so we can catch up etc.

On topic, taking my car to the painters today it was mistaken by some chavvy kid in a souped up cross to be a Toyota 2000gt. I kindly corrected him that it was a superior Datsun and he looked very confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Z Club member
Second gear

Member 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDLER View Post
Picture taken Sunday - National Drive It Day. Were you out in yours??
I thought it was a bit strange on Sunday. Went on a 130 mile round trip to pick up some bits, used no motorways and spent ages trying to reel off to my son what all the classic cars were coming the other way! There must have a lot on the roads going by the amount we saw.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Flynn View Post
Alright gents - put the rulers away, it doesn't matter who has the biggest or the best - let's just bring this back on topic, I'm sure the OP doesn't want the thread to go that way.

Riddler - lovely P6, when I'm over your way in the Z I might let you know so we can catch up etc.

On topic, taking my car to the painters today it was mistaken by some chavvy kid in a souped up cross to be a Toyota 2000gt. I kindly corrected him that it was a superior Datsun and he looked very confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please do that. Would love to see you and your car and maybe share a pie and a pint somewhere.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
I thought it was a bit strange on Sunday. Went on a 130 mile round trip to pick up some bits, used no motorways and spent ages trying to reel off to my son what all the classic cars were coming the other way! There must have a lot on the roads going by the amount we saw.
Well it was such a glorious day which helped. I set out quite late in the day which is why I probably only saw a couple.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:38 PM
1978 UK RHD 260z
Second gear

Member 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDLER View Post
When I had mine it was usually an Aston Martin or a Maserati it got mistaken for.
Yes, I've had that RIDDLER, I think when it comes to Aston Martin, its the colour.

Your P6 sounded so nice when we met.

Yes, lots of cars on the road Sunday. Weather good, plus local here, there was a Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage so loads of cars. Stopped of and helped a guy with an overheated MG, all good fun.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Yes, I've had that RIDDLER, I think when it comes to Aston Martin, its the colour.

Your P6 sounded so nice when we met.

Yes, lots of cars on the road Sunday. Weather good, plus local here, there was a Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage so loads of cars. Stopped of and helped a guy with an overheated MG, all good fun.
Have you finished rebuilding the carbs etc and is the car running well? Were you out in it on Sunday?
Old 08-05-2017, 09:53 AM
1978 UK RHD 260z
Second gear

Member 1116
Sorry RIDDLER, I didn't see this post. sure we tied up since by pm since, but yes all done, running nicely. I'll be sending them off in the winter to have them refurbed properly, there's a bit of wear on the shafts so I'll have that done and the linkage re plated.

Thought you might find this amusing given the subject..

You like the "Bling" on the paint job?.. Nice eh?.. After seeing Richie's at the Z Festival I thought I had to get the detailing kit out! lol..

Continuing your tradition, I'm up to 1,400 miles now
Old 08-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Sorry RIDDLER, I didn't see this post. sure we tied up since by pm since, but yes all done, running nicely. I'll be sending them off in the winter to have them refurbed properly, there's a bit of wear on the shafts so I'll have that done and the linkage re plated.

Thought you might find this amusing given the subject..

You like the "Bling" on the paint job?.. Nice eh?.. After seeing Richie's at the Z Festival I thought I had to get the detailing kit out! lol..

Continuing your tradition, I'm up to 1,400 miles now
Car is looking great Tim - and really pleased you are getting out there and driving it. Really delighted it has gone to such a good home. No regrets - but admit to having a sudden pang when I saw that photograph.
At some point in the future I will head down your way no doubt to catch up with you and see the car again - or if you are heading up north let me know!