No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > General > Rally & race
MJP AUTO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,509
Member 214
The Datsun is still going though Steve and it's finished the day.

Just one day to go.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Tahr Tahr is offline
Website member
First gear
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South West Scotland
Posts: 19
Was that you guys in South West Scotland yesterday, I saw a Rally Prep' 240Z on the A701 Moffat to Dumfries road about 11:30am, I give you a wave while I was out with my local athletics club cycling group.

ATB

Kev
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 13-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,509
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
Was that you guys in South West Scotland yesterday, I saw a Rally Prep' 240Z on the A701 Moffat to Dumfries road about 11:30am, I give you a wave while I was out with my local athletics club cycling group.

ATB

Kev
Hi Kev, I assume you saw the car mentioned above - not members of this Club.

The car has finished the rally, which is an achievement in itself despite 2 crashes. However it was well down and only beat one car.

These cars are certainly a welcome break from the hoards of Escorts. The first non-Escort was Jimmy McRae in 13th.

The event has been a huge success and reminds us 'old timers' of the event we used to follow each November.

__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13-11-2017, 07:27 PM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,724
Member 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post

These cars are certainly a welcome break from the hoards of Escorts.
There will be one less escort next year Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1650.JPG (281.1 KB, 22 views)
__________________
Samuri Gathering VI 2018

Donington Historic Festival
Dates TBA


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-11-2017, 11:11 AM
STEVE BURNS's Avatar
STEVE BURNS STEVE BURNS is offline
I loved my 280ZX
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Greenford, Middlesex
Posts: 10,325
Member 6
well done to the pair of them for finishing the rally
a bit battered and bruised but scars worn with pride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg it finished RAC 2017.jpg (78.7 KB, 41 views)
__________________
Z Club # 6,
300zx-club.com #16,
300zx.co.uk #96,
350ZUK #151,
350Z-UK #79,
IZCC #2872
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 14-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,509
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE BURNS View Post
well done to the pair of them for finishing the rally
a bit battered and bruised but scars worn with pride
Hi Steve, do they have their own facebook page?

I notice the driver has two thumbs up - on for each side!
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 14-11-2017, 11:19 AM
STEVE BURNS's Avatar
STEVE BURNS STEVE BURNS is offline
I loved my 280ZX
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Greenford, Middlesex
Posts: 10,325
Member 6
not come across one the pics are just from various locations
__________________
Z Club # 6,
300zx-club.com #16,
300zx.co.uk #96,
350ZUK #151,
350Z-UK #79,
IZCC #2872
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 14-11-2017, 11:39 AM
JK240's Avatar
JK240 JK240 is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kendal, The Lake District
Posts: 1,724
Member 472
Think this is their FB page Rob

https://www.facebook.com/DatsunAdventures/
__________________
Samuri Gathering VI 2018

Donington Historic Festival
Dates TBA


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 14-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,509
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
Think this is their FB page Rob

https://www.facebook.com/DatsunAdventures/
Great thanks!!

He says - 2these cars are built like tanks2! Which I don't think is true but the frontal design helps when running into things.

It made the rally so much more interesting for me by having a Datsun in it.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 14-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Tahr Tahr is offline
Website member
First gear
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South West Scotland
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
Hi Kev, I assume you saw the car mentioned above - not members of this Club.

The car has finished the rally, which is an achievement in itself despite 2 crashes. However it was well down and only beat one car.

These cars are certainly a welcome break from the hoards of Escorts. The first non-Escort was Jimmy McRae in 13th.

The event has been a huge success and reminds us 'old timers' of the event we used to follow each November.

Thanks Rob, yes I saw on end of Escorts on the road. The last rally cars I went to see was the last year of Group B cars, MK1 and Mk2 Escorts were cars of my youth too.

ATB

Kev
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 18-11-2017, 08:56 AM
AD240Z AD240Z is offline
Website member
Third gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nr Northallerton
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK240 View Post
Think this is their FB page Rob

https://www.facebook.com/DatsunAdventures/

You

Really liked the short video clip of it rounding the corner and the guys reaction .

Great sound . Nice to see .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:51 AM.

The Future Is Bright... The Future Is ZClub!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ZClub.net, All Rights Reserved.